Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
HyXu2zG.png

Keen to know any more? Then stop humping my leg and do your own fucking research, you twat.
22 games years ago is not "loads" you moron. 13 of those games were in League 1.

Right, that's the thing. "Wand of a left foot" was item #1 on the advertisement for Bale.

I just kinda can't believe Johnson is the best we can do if we're going to this price point, in terms of star potential.

Moussa Diaby was 51M, Kudus was 38M plus add ons, Harvey Barnes was 38M, Jeremy Doku was 55M, that's a higher level of player for the same money or less.

There's a strong debate involving those names earlier in this thread this morning.

But not in terms of replacements coming in after.

It’s not complicated, you are arguing for the sake of it.

No I'm not.... Not at all.

Besides the fact that I want to know what happened to the "get 'em all out, I don't care how" bluster that existed until very recently; we need to get bodies out..... They don't need to be positionally like-for-like with any further purchases.

Also.... You're talking about Dav_out.... Getting rid of Dav creates yet another squad weakness to address..... Spend out doesn't.

Some would argue the same about PEH too (although I don't think he needs to be replaced if he goes).

It’s such a shame we didn’t have Maddison and Kane playing together even for one season. Their intelligence and technical skills another level.
I said it's Spursy to be scrabbling around...for the exact player we just sold. But it's on Kane he could have brought in, and it's on Levy that even though I was told he was incredibly tempted... he could not make himself do it. Lied to too many times before it seems. We should have skipped the whole Conte Nuno stasis one year of big Ange...who knows.

A lot of money for a squad player, but apparently we need HG, and wages won't be massive.
To ever spend this kind of fee on someone you're not ticketing as a regular league starter would be utter mismanagement.

To your point with the wages though, I suppose it's entirely possible we're Boehly-ing this deal a bit, though the rules just changed to limit fee amortization to five years.

Back
Top Bottom