Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fati would be an awful signing.

One look on the Barca forum tells you everything you need to know.

one look on the Juve forum told everyone what they needed to know about Bentancur....

Fans shit on their own players all the time and I can assure you no scout is looking on a fan forum for genius insight into any players ability.

Not saying we should or should not go for him btw.

Selling possibly the clubs best ever striker and not replacing him at all is just laughable. Brennan Johnson ansu fati do me a fucking favour. We need a striker more than any winger at this current point in time.
We shouldn't even have entertained the idea of selling a striker of Harry Kane's calibre without having a proven, high quality replacement already lined up.
It's shambolic. NO other top club behaves in such a small time, pathetic, disgraceful manner.
The fan's are being taken for mugs once again.

We aren't going to sign Fati. It makes no sense for an ENIC/Levy signing.

• He is injury prone.
  • There is no buy option - so we are being used to rehab.
  • His wages are obscene reported at over £230k per week.

This is not a player profile we will go for.

It looks more like we are pushing the news to knock some money off Nottingham Forest' valuation of Brennan Johnson. And his agent is pushing for the move to help Barcelona move his wages so they can sign a replacement.
could be but Paratici was rumoured to like Fati before . Even before he had a season injury free.

This smells of the Italian double dealer doing his work to me.

His track record with us looks more trustworthy by the game

How Ange can say he needed to see what the players had during a game like that is beyond me.

It is literally the hardest away tie the draw could have given us at this stage and to throw Forster in ahead of Vicario shows shows me that Ange massively underestimated this cups significance or overestimated our squads capacity to play.

It also goes to show just how much trouble we could face if we lose Bissouma at any stage. Skipp really isn't good enough but is young and deserves his place. If Hojbjerg leaves I think we need to replace him with Amrabat. Sarr or Skipp starting week in, week out is just a year or two away from each still I feel.

Move Lloris, Spence, Regulion, Sanchez, Tanganga, Hojbjerg, Ndombele on and get Tapsoba, Tosin, Amrabat, Johnson and Fati in. 8 outs and 5 ins needed, still a lot of work to do on that squad as you can see pal.

If we are lucky half of that happens. I still can't believe Sanchez took the 3rd penalty....why? Unbelievable return to the fans again Spurs, how often can they keep making the same mistakes?

Lost away to Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Fulham 3 seasons in a row in cups. For a team desperate for a trophy that's just pathetic isn't it.
Some good points in there...but if you think we're getting 8 outs and 5 ins before Friday you're in cuckoo land, my man. More likely to be 1 or 2 ins, 2 or 3 outs. And nowhere near the calibre we actually need, just cheap last-min opps from the Bargain Bin b-list.

Re Ange - last night's post-match comments were another own goal by the Big Fella. I already wasn't impressed with how he spoke of Harry when he left (proper toed the party line), but last night was a joke. I still like the man and how he shoots from the hip, I still believe in him, but it shows that when the shit hits the fan...well, he knows what side his bread is buttered on. Say what you want about Jose & Conte and how poor a fit they were for us, but they at least dared speak their mind about the club's long-standing, deep-lying issues

Some good points in there...but if you think we're getting 8 outs and 5 ins before Friday you're in cuckoo land, my man. More likely to be 1 or 2 ins, 2 or 3 outs. And nowhere near the calibre we actually need, just cheap last-min opps from the Bargain Bin b-list.

Re Ange - last night's post-match comments were another own goal by the Big Fella. I already wasn't impressed with how he spoke of Harry when he left (proper toed the party line), but last night was a joke. I still like the man and how he shoots from the hip, I still believe in him, but it shows that when the shit hits the fan...well, he knows what side his bread is buttered on. Say what you want about Jose & Conte and how poor a fit they were for us, but they at least dared speak their mind about the club's long-standing, deep-lying issues
Not in the first 2 months they didn’t, at least i don’t think they did

I never get this logic? Unless you’re criticising the owners you’re a liar…..

Maybe it’s possible that Ange a man known for his straight talking views is you know, telling the truth.

Back
Top Bottom