Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't worry...don't forget it's a special holiday tomorrow for Daniel...
it's "national barrel scraping day"....
Nobody is coming in tomorrow, levy and the board have no intention of bringing more players in this summer.
The most unambitious board in the premier league is done, happy and contented with reducing wage bill where possible, and finishing a respectable top eight.
Meanwhile, villa, Brighton and west ham continue to improve and go past us, but it's all good, because the wages to income is the best in the league #champions

Is a Center Half Forward a thing anymore?

article-0-0029629700000258-644_233x262.jpg
Comma used

United used to have vastly more success prior to the Glazers (admittedly Fergie was there). They were next to Real Madrid the biggest club on Earth, it’s been a huge downgrade under their tenure, we are a big club but United is massive.
Simply put, they're not at all tight when it comes to buying and paying players.
I'd take the old WHL back in a heartbeat if we were able to compete for the beat players year on year.
While we're signing players on 20k a week for moderate fees, they'll go and buy the likes of Sancho, Anthony, Martial, Maguire

Hang on, I need to get my breath back from laughing

Where was I?

Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Falcon, Di Maria

The problem with them isn't how much they've spent, the state of the stadium or even how much the owners skim off the top.
It's that as a club, they've got NFI how to spend the money. It's like giving a 5 year a million quid to spend and watching as they spent it all on sweets they don't even like.

Nobody is coming in tomorrow, levy and the board have no intention of bringing more players in this summer.
The most unambitious board in the premier league is done, happy and contented with reducing wage bill where possible, and finishing a respectable top eight.
Meanwhile, villa, Brighton and west ham continue to improve and go past us, but it's all good, because the wages to income is the best in the league #champions
I hate to agree with you.....but I agree with you....

It's that as a club, they've got NFI how to spend the money. It's like giving a 5 year a million quid to spend and watching as they spent it all on sweets they don't even like.
Right, they are by far the least sophisticated recruitment operation among the big clubs. And against the likes of Roman's Chelsea that's really saying something.

We're dumb but we've never been that dumb.

Posts like these make me wonder if some of you actually enjoy football or just use it as a way to vent anger towards something.

It may be that Ange isn't as concerned with maximizing his roster size, but it sure seems like our HG (Home Grown) player list is lacking quality AND quantity. Maddison our only 'blue-chip' or 'nailed-on' HG.

25-Man Squad: 8 HG players + 17 Internationals. U-21s "exempt":

HG (Home Grown):
Forster, Austin, Davies, Tanganga, Skipp, Maddison, Sessegnon (INJ) = 7.

**** Alfie Whiteman (INJ), Harvey White (maybe still U-21?) & Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (under contract?) would count as HG. ****

INT:
Vicario, Lloris, Romero, van de Ven, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilón, Porro, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison, Royal, Lo Celso, Perisic, Solomon, Bentancur, Højbjerg, Ndombele = 19. **** Only 16 allowed w/ only 7 HG players registered. (19 - Lloris, Dier & Reguilón = 16). ****

U-21s:
Sarr, Udogie, Veliz, Phillips = 4.

LOAN (HG/U-21): Rodon (Leeds), Spence (Leeds), Scarlett (Ipswich Town), Devine (Port Vale), Parrott (Excelsior)
INJURED (INT): Bryan Gil (INJ) ** Solomon over Bryan Gil feels bad, and I don't like it. 👎**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom