Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
My worry about Gallagher is that we'll definitely have to offer him a starting spot to tempt him from Chelsea, which would shuffle Sarr to the bench.

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

View: https://twitter.com/ekremkonur/status/1697137863991681283?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

If only. Would complement Bissouma and Maddison, can play CM, AM and also cover wing. Absolute quality on the ball, can take under pressure and progress which is a key requirement in our system. I imagine would be £70m though.

That account absolutely screams of someone trying to copy the likes of Romano. No contacts or facts, just push out BS on twitter all day and hopefully something sticks.

How these "experts" make a living is beyond me.

Going to call it now because I'll get moaned at post deadline for melting after a 'solid transfer window'.

But this is altogether, a pathetic showing from the board and does not come close to the level of ambition promised when the stadium was both under construction and about to be completed.

Not upset, but this is again feeling like, well what did we expect under this board.

Sorry Ange, you'll be another fall guy

My worry about Gallagher is that we'll definitely have to offer him a starting spot to tempt him from Chelsea, which would shuffle Sarr to the bench.
5 subs every game. We should rotate more.
I dunno about you, but I've been sick for years knowing the team before the team is announced.

Going to call it now because I'll get moaned at post deadline for melting after a 'solid transfer window'.

But this is altogether, a pathetic showing from the board and does not come close to the level of ambition promised when the stadium was both under construction and about to be completed.

Not upset, but this is again feeling like, well what did we expect under this board.

Tbh mate, I'm not even pissed with the board anymore. They're like my Mrs, they're gonna keep doing annoying things and wonder why people get annoyed.

What pisses me off, is the number of people on here who genuinely believe we're off with them than without. All the casual fans at games who wouldn't say boo to a ghost. All the podcasts and youtubes that initially act angry at manager appointments and below par signings, but quickly convince themselves it's all positive.

Levy needs to be made aware of fans discontent. All the time.
Fans at Bournemouth blabbing "we've got our Tottenham back" after 3 fucking games and massive let down window need their heads checked.

It’s very hard to square this one off because Vic, VDV and Maddison look like great signings but they sold Kane after that.

Since Kane went this has probably been Levy.’s limpest transfer window ever.

He’s lucked out into a manager that reportedly wasn’t first choice. That manager now looks excellent and is bringing good will back but he’s completely gone soft at the possibility to capitalise on that good will.

He probably would have more chance with us than Chavs as they have millions of players but it’s probably driven by Chavs needing to sell some more players and wanting to push him out the door.

I do find it odd they got rid of their best midfielder in Kovacic and if they sell Gallagher their best performing CM in the first prem 3 games.

Kind of odd they have spent £200m for Caciedo and Enzo but might be no better than Kovacic and Gallagher or even worse.

100m on Johnson and Gallagher.

If Ange hadn’t won 2 games and made the football look good, that statement would look absolutely mental.
With Calceido and Rice going for over 100m, that’s probably a bang-on rate.
Chelsea, in particular, over-paying and the Saudis offering silly money for dross - unfortunately not our dross — has given rise to significant market inflation.
Sadly, if reports are to be believed as to how much the Saudis intend to spend over the next five years or so, this trend is likely to continue. These valuations might seem like bargains in two years.

Of course, but in reality it doesn't work like this, as we know from last season, with Son zombie shuffling on our left wing in every match.
Think that was more Conte’s hierarchical dinosaur bullshit.

Gallagher just isn’t good enough to be placing those sorts of demand on anyone. I don’t think he would, either.

Would the Chavs even pick up the phone to us?

With Calceido and Rice going for over 100m, that’s probably a bang-on rate.
Chelsea, in particular, over-paying and the Saudis offering silly money for dross - unfortunately not our dross — has given rise to significant market inflation.
Sadly, if reports are to be believed as to how much the Saudis intend to spend over the next five years or so, this trend is likely to continue. These valuations might seem like bargains in two years.
I doubt we are signing either so guess we will be voyeurs when we find out

Back
Top Bottom