Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
One day to go and still nothing done, how anyone can defend our board and Levy is beyond me. He is playing Russian roulette with the club as per usual and no doubt,like his predecessors Ange will shoulder the blame.
One of the few good things to come out of this window will be the exposure of the bullshit artists on SC, caught out so many times and not before time, sorry assed pathetic attention seeking simpletons.

also believe it because for Brighton he is just a one-year loan, where Brighton are forced to accept his wages. If it was a transfer and Brighton were offering him these wages, I'd agree with you
Brighton aren’t forced to accept his wages.
Barcelona, with whom he has a contract, are forced to accept his wages. The percentage covered by Brighton is an entirely separate negotiation with Barca.

Presumably, Brighton has a harmonious dressing room. How would you feel about your employer bringing in a stranger as a temp, who is unproven and is making more than twice as much as everyone in the room and more than eighteen times as much as your mate , who plays the position now, and who has been brilliant? I’d say it threatens the stability of that harmony unless he’s an absolute standout.

As an parallel, there’s an article on the effect of Beckham signing for LA floating around which discusses the negative effect he had in the dressing room due to both the wage disparity and his behavior.

jeremy piven entourage GIF

Back
Top Bottom