Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
imagine getting a Tosin and a BJ in the same night! :pritchardeyes:
Don't have to imagine . I'm living the dream.
damon wayans riggs and murtaugh GIF by Lethal Weapon

Postecoglou pays tribute to Lloris​

Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou remained tight-lipped on potential transfers before their trip to Burnley but did pay tribute to Hugo Lloris ahead of his anticipated departure on Friday.
When asked about the 36-year-old, Postecoglou said: "I have only been here a couple of months but Hugo has been excellent throughout the whole process.
"There is no doubt he has had an outstanding career and contribution to this football club. He has been the captain for quite a long time and been very professional, obviously working with (Rob) Burchy and the other goalkeepers.
"He has been helping the others, Vic (Guglielmo Vicario) being the new goalkeeper, so I have nothing negative to say about him and I wouldn't.
"There has been nothing other than him being very, very professional about everything."

Genuine question for any accountants here - do you know the difference between 'loan with obligation to buy' and 'permanent transfer with payments spread over a number of years' (which is surely pretty much all transfers). Don't they effectively amount to exactly the same thing? :/
I think the only purpose is to defer the big fee.

Genuine question for any accountants here - do you know the difference between 'loan with obligation to buy' and 'permanent transfer with payments spread over a number of years' (which is surely pretty much all transfers). Don't they effectively amount to exactly the same thing? :/
Effectively means transfer payments can be spread, and start a year later.

Financial reporting, FFP, all sorts really.
May not be a loan fee for a year for example.

Spanish Twitter is very confident about Hojbjerg to Atleti.
If we get Galllagher in, that's an improved midfield in my opinion
Way better...of course it would have been nice to spend some of the HK money on a striker....it's all very well having a good mf but who are they going to supply....richy? Son? We don't have a goal scorer...we should have looked at awoniyi...at least that would have shown some ambition to win...I didn't think it was possible to dislike Levy more than I did.....but I do....

Back
Top Bottom