Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do rate him. He’s good as Gvardiol, but he’s very good player.
He’ll probably end up in Leipzig or Dortmund for 20M, then after season or two, he’ll cost 70-80M.
He cost Leverkusen 18m plus 7m in bonuses so he'll probably cost the next club a lot more than 20m

Club needs money, player agrees to move “for the club”

Can you really persuade yourself Tonali wanted to leave his dream club and the city of Milan…. For fucking Newcastle??

Give over

Would you have been ok if we paid 70 mill for a player who repeatedly said he didn't want to leave his club? Paying 20 mill over his true worth just to force a transfer, because basically that is what you are saying. We should have made an irresistible offer, way more than he was worth, to Inter to make them force Bastoni to leave? That doesn't sit well with me

Last edited:
Look at trends, not isolated seasons...we've qualified top four 5 times out of our last 8 seasons, we haven't finished as low as 8th under ENIC for 14 years prior to that, not sure about you but that kinda suggests that last season was a blip.
7th is about par, likely to become 8th shortly. When a club is led by an incompetent, aloof dweeb who acts like a complete megalomaniac lunatic - instilling a culture of failure, then it’s pretty obvious where we are heading. F off Levy, peculiar little freak. You are done, we hate you

Skriniar also rejected multiple big offers last summer despite Inter wanting him to leave. He wasn't going to be forced out because he wanted to stay one more year and be a free agent this summer.

Ah here it is. Was waiting for the first one to go “conspiracy” or tin foil hat.

Clearest sign you’ve won the debate and they feel insecure.
Yeah. I know where you're coming from, mate.
With me, it's the "not one brick" jibe that always signifies I've pulled their pants down and won the argument.
They use it when they've nowhere else to go :roflmao:

Would you have been ok if we paid 70 mill for a player who repeatedly said he didn't want to leave his club? Paying 20 mill over his true worth just to force a transfer, because basically that is what you are saying. We should have made an irresistible offer, way more than he was worth, to Inter to make them force Bastoni to leave? That doesn't sit well with me
Do or do not. There is no try,

Our owners do not

Feels like that turns on the level of confidence you have in your own culture and dressing room.

Fair to say Tottenham and Newcastle would have different answers on that front.

Back
Top Bottom