Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

licensed-image

So we're interested in Calafiori, he looks like Frank Spencer ''oooh Betty''.

Hakimisoccer is shit isn't it.

Still this was an article about Nico Williams so I couldn't help myself from reading it.

Use an adblocking browser..

Nico Williams is possibly the best winger on the market this summer. His agent will know he can start asking for wages that will immediately rule Spurs out because we don't have the conviction to play with the big clubs.

Barca will try to sell us their duds like Raphinha so they have space to get a top-level talent like Williams.

Nico and Raphinha's actual output this season are really similar with Nico having a decent amount more minutes.

Raphina is more of a goal threat looking at his xG, xA, and other stats and they are way better than Nico's although he's been used a lot against tired legs this season (and he plays for Barca but Bilbao aren't too bad themselves).

Raphinha's passing stats are also better than Nico's but where Nico really shines is his ball progression through carries and take-ons, something we really need and combined with his impressive pace, why he's my preferred transfer target. He's way better than Raphinha in this regard.

One thing though, Nico Williams' defensive contributions are abysmal but this is probably (and hopefully) down to manager instructions.

Both are on extremely high wages (Williams getting 200K weekly at Bilbao was pretty surprising) and would have to take paycuts to fit into our wage structure.

Nico Williams is possibly the best winger on the market this summer. His agent will know he can start asking for wages that will immediately rule Spurs out because we don't have the conviction to play with the big clubs.

Barca will try to sell us their duds like Raphinha so they have space to get a top-level talent like Williams.

How are they paying for him, with toothpicks? 😆

Nico and Raphinha's actual output this season are really similar with Nico having a decent amount more minutes.

Raphina is more of a goal threat looking at his xG, xA, and other stats and they are way better than Nico's although he's been used a lot against tired legs this season (and he plays for Barca but Bilbao aren't too bad themselves).

Raphinha's passing stats are also better than Nico's but where Nico really shines is his ball progression through carries and take-ons, something we really need and combined with his impressive pace, why he's my preferred transfer target. He's way better than Raphinha in this regard.

One thing though, Nico Williams' defensive contributions are abysmal but this is probably (and hopefully) down to manager instructions.

Both are on extremely high wages (Williams getting 200K weekly at Bilbao was pretty surprising) and would have to take paycuts to fit into our wage structure.

Williams is 21

Raphinha 27

There is the age thing in Williams’ favour as well.

Eye test he’s twice the player as well because he’s just as good going either direction on either side of the pitch. Raphinha is right side cut in to his left foot. He would be less productive for us than Kulusevski.

Williams already outside our wage bracket at Bilbao should be an eye opener for those that still believe this club is really interested in winning.

just watch some vids on Sandro Tonali
very good footballer i think going all-in 4 him in the summer would be a safe bet

Always liked this guy.
Wanted Spurs to buy him when he was at Zagreb.
He will be 26 in May.
A major no from me. Guy has never played a full season of football in his life, he's a man hospital bed hybrid.

Best scoring season? 8. In the mighty Croatian league, which is about League One level.

Sure...good feet, versatile, can score & assists a few, got a great goal vs Brazil the other night. But no way he's built for PL football. He'd be out 3/4 of the season and whenever he'd play, one challenge and he's flying a la Gil.

Back
Top Bottom