Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/thespurswatch/status/1773346391181439378?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

Most likely Spurs baiting from Fab but if the summer passes and we haven’t added a genuinely elite WF and CM, there’s arguments left, this isn’t a club interested in winning

It is exactly what will happen. Come on, we've all been around long enough to know the deal here. Even Ange has said similar in that he thinks there isnt much difference in value at the top level and it is down to mentality that separates the greats from good top players.

I suspect we will see a lot of movement in and out but we wont be going out and spending £70 million on a player.

More reports of this bloke being on our radar....although going by the title of the piece they arent familiar with our work!

It is exactly what will happen. Come on, we've all been around long enough to know the deal here. Even Ange has said similar in that he thinks there isnt much difference in value at the top level and it is down to mentality that separates the greats from good top players.

I suspect we will see a lot of movement in and out but we wont be going out and spending £70 million on a player.

To dare is to do what we always do

Yep. Sadly we might end up with cheap options like Vicario, Udogie and Sarr and second tier options like van de Ven.

Blasted club.

And if another 3 Vicario's, Udogie's, and Sarr's all show great promise but are still a season or 2 from being top class, we will still finish 4th. Another plucky, valaint, underdog 4th with our small club wage structure that can't compete with the big boys.

Oh did I mention the club shop is open?

Williams is a superstar mate.

He is in Spain at least.

He definitely isn't a superstar anywhere else.

He's a talented winger, a supreme dribbler with pretty average numbers across his career. With huge potential be a superstar.

The sort of player we should be signing and one alot more realistic than actual superstars like Rafael Leao who's being touted as being available for 150m

And if another 3 Vicario's, Udogie's, and Sarr's all show great promise but are still a season or 2 from being top class, we will still finish 4th. Another plucky, valaint, underdog 4th with our small club wage structure that can't compete with the big boys.

Oh did I mention the club shop is open?

Thank god Ange has a bit more ambition then, ay?

The ambition of the manager is admirable but pretty irrelevant as we've seen plenty of times. I'm sure Poch and Conte amongst others wanted to win things, compete for the title and not settle for a fight for 4th but its always that final step when we're in a position of relative strength that is the issue.

Perhaps.

But Pochettino couldn't help but offer his services to other clubs, even on the eve of a Champions League final and Conte quite clearly never wanted to be here. So I question both of their true ambitions and intentions here.

I'm watching Woolwich top a table with Ben White, Raya, Zinchenko, Gabriel and Havertz making up half of their fucking outfield team. With a manager and fanbase that has ambition to believe what they can do.

Hopefully one day, our fans and manager will be on the same page.

He definitely isn't a superstar anywhere else.

He's a talented winger, a supreme dribbler with pretty average numbers across his career. With huge potential be a superstar.

The sort of player we should be signing and one alot more realistic than actual superstars like Rafael Leao who's being touted as being available for 150m

If you are right and we sign Williams I’ll happily shut up….

Perhaps.

But Pochettino couldn't help but offer his services to other clubs, even on the eve of a Champions League final and Conte quite clearly never wanted to be here. So I question both of their true ambitions and intentions here.

I'm watching Woolwich top a table with Ben White, Raya, Zinchenko, Gabriel and Havertz making up half of their fucking outfield team. With a manager and fanbase that has ambition to believe what they can do.

Hopefully one day, our fans and manager will be on the same page.
Woolwich is a decent example. They were 8th twice but absolutely backed their manager and spent big when not in Europe and whilst making no money on sales. They also nearly won the league last season and went and spent £100m on a midfielder despite Partey and Xhaka having easily their best seasons for the club. I think you've got to be fairly rose tinted to think we'd sanction a deal like that in those circumstances.

As for Poch, yes at the end he was done, clearly dissallusioned as he hadnt been backed. I'm amazed he didnt quit after the non 2018 summer window after asking for a painful rebuild.

I hope they really back Postecoglou, i mean if not now then when? Klopp leaving, City possibly punished, Utd still rebuilding others struggling with FFP. The next 2 seasons are a huge opportunity and i hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Ange i don’t doubt

Ultimately, it's going to be Anges ambition that sees us compete (if we are to do so). Building a squad singing from the same hymn sheet and wanting them to run through brick walls for him and the club. But the fans have to be on it too.

Liverpool and Klopp are a good example of this. Who's the last "superstar" they signed (at the time of signing?)

Thiago, perhaps? And he was a complete flop.

What Klopp has done and been allowed to do is build a side with the right personalities, the right profile for what his team needs. It took a while, sure. But that's the point of a rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom