Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Combine that with everything we're hearing about Lange's outlook for the club (i.e. big data) and the fact that some of our best new players this season like Vicario and Micky were absolutely not the top of anyone's list (if even known before we were linked), then anyone kidding themselves that we're going to target signings from their rating in Fifa Ultimate Team are on a hiding to nothing.

Or looking ahead for their next grievance to complain about come the summer, who knows.

Personally I've got faith in this recruitment team looking at the past couple of windows. We seem a lot more sound in our incomings that the Ndombele and Lo Celso window.
I have faith mostly in Fabio Paratici's talent ID. The data driven approach seems a little over-sold.

Last edited:
I have faith mostly in Fabio Paratici's talent ID. The data driven approach seems a little over-sold.

Bit early to judge mate.....

Besides; most of the proverbial 'selling' is just fan-chatter based on like one line in a club press release and a few comments from clickbait-for-hipsters like The Athletic.

If it's gonna pay off though; it can't be some dogmatic belief in a spreadsheet... It will have to have a degree of synergy with the human eye and the instincts of the scouts.

I'd like to think it is the starting point for player identification; rather than the deciding force upon whether to buy someone or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom