Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neither player has had anywhere near enough game time for you to make that judgment you stupid trolling clown
Can make a judgement on their impact and it’s been low. Not writing either off but it doesn’t look great (Vic, VDV etc were stars from the start). The myopic default some people have that all our signings are now destined to be first teamers is madness. Not every smart, value signing from now will shine. We do have to flex and go big now and again or we will not close the gap

Can make a judgement on their impact and it’s been low. Not writing either off but it doesn’t look great (Vic, VDV etc were stars from the start). The myopic default some people have that all our signings are now destined to be first teamers is madness. Not every smart, value signing from now will shine. We do have to flex and go big now and again or we will not close the gap

Well people genuinely wanted Ashley Phillips and young Dorrington as our CB back pairing in premier league games earlier this season.

Imagine………
:ange-hands-head:

Just based on the same level of enthusiasm for our players Solomon is probably nearly equal to Messi in the minds of some on here.

Supposedly Madrid are in the mix.
We are not competing against them — particularly for a Spanish player.
It’s also been suggested that both Liverpool and Woolwich want to add a winger. If that’s the case, all things being equal, why come to Tottenham?

Madrid will be selling a forward with Mbappe coming in.

Liverpool and woolwich are exactly who we should be prepared to go toe to toe with. Compete for wages and you have a chance

You are far too judgmental and that’s all im saying. Ridiculous.

Well people genuinely wanted Ashley Phillips and young Dorrington as our CB back pairing in premier league games earlier this season.

Imagine………
:ange-hands-head:

Just based on the same level of enthusiasm for our players Solomon is probably nearly equal to Messi in the minds of some on here.

Saying Solomon hasn’t had time yet to make an impact is not equating him to Messi.

Saying Solomon hasn’t had time yet to make an impact is not equating him to Messi.
He’s averaged 15.5 league appearances (not starts) since coming to Europe six seasons ago. The fact he’s injured again shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Missing two thirds of league games is of no use to anyone

He’s averaged 15.5 league appearances (not starts) since coming to Europe six seasons ago. The fact he’s injured again shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Missing two thirds of league games is of no use to anyone

I’ll judge him on his performances when/if he gets them. Nothing else.

And your comment on Dragusin was pure idiocy.

Now shut the fuck up Zomb you trolling whiny melt.

Liverpool and woolwich are exactly who we should be prepared to go toe to toe with. Compete for wages and you have a chance
Yes, I get that.
But — and this is my actual point — all things being equal (wages etc.), why would a player pick Spurs over Liverpool?
Let’s call it ‘The Luis Diaz question’.

Perhaps if they can’t get a manager in place by the time the window is about to close or their new manager won’t give guarantees about playing time (and Ange does). Aside from that, if I were an ambitious player and believed I could start for any team then I’d pick Liverpool every time.

I’ll judge him on his performances when/if he gets them. Nothing else.

And your comment on Dragusin was pure idiocy.

Now shut the fuck up Zomb you trolling whiny melt.
So the fact he’s rarely fit and averages 10 league starts a season has no relevance? Joking on Drag but let’s be honest he’s looked woeful

1 league start???? Wtf.
If I had to judge Sarr by the clobbering we took at Toon last year then I would have sold him before I put him on the train back to London.
Let’s give him a preseason and a couple of games before we write him off.
Agree - needs more than a few games too….. loan IMO

Not just the one off performance either, he doesn’t look good enough on the ball to play left in our system

Where would you play him in our system? False 9?
I think so.

He really does play all across the front line. I don’t see him as being an out and out wide player. That might put him in competition with Maddison though.

I think Ange would like him. We need skilful players that move the ball quickly, under pressure.

His stock is high though.

I think so.

He really does play all across the front line. I don’t see him as being an out and out wide player. That might put him in competition with Maddison though.

I think Ange would like him. We need skilful players that move the ball quickly, under pressure.

His stock is high though.

I can see he has something about him, I’ve just never been sure where he plays to best effect. I saw earlier in the season Atalanta using him as a false 9 and it seemed to work?

Looking at things in a slightly different way, I'd say we currently have somewhere around 14/15/16 players who Ange is happy to start with the rest of the squad including some who are good squad players but who don't fit Ange's system (eg Royal, Davies) and others who for differing reasons don't start.

And that makes us vulnerable to injuries or simply a couple of good players being off form.

So whilst most posters want to define players they think we want or positions that needs reinforcing I'd suggest we want to bring in players who Ange/Lange think are first team contenders to replace some players. This would make a huge difference simply because we have more potential first team starters - just 4/5/6 players in would make a big difference taking us up to almost 20 genuine first team starters.

Who's on my list to be upgraded :

Sessegnon - perennially injured, rarely made an impression in 5 years
Gil - Lovely player, but not suited to PL ?
Lo Celso - one year left on contract, often injured, rarely influential. Upgradeable
Hojbjerg - one year left on contract, wants to leave as not a starter.

Others who I'd give to the end of the season before making a decision include Solomon (too often injured), Bissouma (after first 7 games this season has not performed - now malaria ?) etc.

I'm really not sure we'd miss any (or at least most) of those. And I'd be delighted to see 4/5/6 first team contenders in.

We've got to interested in Toney. The boy has a bit of everything and defenders must hate him. He's strong, reasonably quick, great technique, can rough up defenders, great hold up play with vision to play in others and scores all sorts of goals. Would even be good at set pieces both ends.

Back
Top Bottom