Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club's position is not being serious about really challenging the big clubs if it means stepping out of it's financial comfort zone.

Top 4/5 is the serious goal, anything above that is marketing. Until they step outside their comfort zone that is.

What is stepping out of it's financial club zone, last few years have generally told you that the club are now spending more money, can't be arsed to look up what we've spent but since the stadium has opened I'm pretty sure we've spent something like £500m or something like that - last summer was £140m net for example - suggests that we are starting to put the money down.

FWIW I think we will break our transfer record this Summer on Eze if that's what you mean.

What is stepping out of it's financial club zone, last few years have generally told you that the club are now spending more money, can't be arsed to look up what we've spent but since the stadium has opened I'm pretty sure we've spent something like £500m or something like that - last summer was £140m net for example - suggests that we are starting to put the money down.

FWIW I think we will break our transfer record this Summer on Eze if that's what you mean.

Wages that attract top tier talent is what I mean.

Are you expecting a Leao or Osimhen?

Not specifically but we did sell Kane who is a level above both.

If we are still a selling club that doesn’t recruit a similar level to what it sells, what did the stadium actually achieve?

We had CL football when Bale was here. We sold him and never recruited to the same level then as well.

If we are still a selling club that doesn’t recruit a similar level to what it sells, what did the stadium actually achieve?

We had CL football when Bale was here. We sold him and never recruited to the same level then as well.

What kind of players do you want the club to buy?

If that’s who the football experts want (incl Ange), yes. Personally I’m not convinced but they know more than me

Waste of resources, pointless buying him to make him our statement signing when there's other areas to upgrade

If the club wanna spend £80m on him and pay him £350k wages this Summer then I'd be bitterly disappointed personally.

Waste of resources, pointless buying him to make him our statement signing when there's other areas to upgrade

If the club wanna spend £80m on him and pay him £350k wages this Summer then I'd be bitterly disappointed personally.
I couldn’t give a fuck what you think

It’s not a shopping basket - we may want a winger as a priority, but if a world class talent becomes available on a position that’s perhaps secondary, do it - obv excludes GK, CB etc

I also don’t care for statement signings

I couldn’t give a fuck what you think

It’s not a shopping basket - we may want a winger as a priority, but if a world class talent becomes available on a position that’s perhaps secondary, do it - obv excludes GK, CB etc

I also don’t care for statement signings

ok

Who though?

Kane is all time PL great striker England top goal scorer club top goal scorer. He's a generational talent players like him are 1 in a million.

We where never going to replace him like for like it doesn't exist so as a club we took the money and improved 3 positions CB, CAM and RW and so far all 3 signed with that money have been great. And we look a better team without Kane then we have for a number of seasons with him.

The bale one was a mistake in hindsight but at the time we all thought it was great business. Its what clubs have to do most of the time sell a star and replace with talent that can grow into stars. Liverpool did it with Coutinho and made arguably the best PL side ever made with that money.

Even the mighty Man City lost Aguero and took a couple seasons to replace him because they was waiting for the right man to come along.

Who though?

Kane is all time PL great striker England top goal scorer club top goal scorer. He's a generational talent players like him are 1 in a million.

We where never going to replace him like for like it doesn't exist so as a club we took the money and improved 3 positions CB, CAM and RW and so far all 3 signed with that money have been great. And we look a better team without Kane then we have for a number of seasons with him.

The bale one was a mistake in hindsight but at the time we all thought it was great business. Its what clubs have to do most of the time sell a star and replace with talent that can grow into stars. Liverpool did it with Coutinho and made arguably the best PL side ever made with that money.

Even the mighty Man City lost Aguero and took a couple seasons to replace him because they was waiting for the right man to come along.

I'm not saying like for like for Kane, it doesn't exist. Not even sure that profile is what we need. The closest to him in style would be Toney, Zirkzee, and De Kaeteleare playing 9.

Not sure I'd sign any of them but I like them as players.

Back
Top Bottom