Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Zirkzee wants to stay in Italy. Pretty likely Motta will leave Bologna to join a traditional top 4 side...I reckon Juve or Napoli...and I bet he takes the kid along.

I really like that CDK. Seen him live a few times over the years and he's like a Crouchy with better & faster feet. Can play 10, 9 or either wing. Struggled mightily when he first arrived at Milan but the context was weird. Now showing plenty great stuff under Gasperini. I reckon there's a deal to be done with AC...swap with Richy or PEH? Between he & Timo, I'm going with the Belgian any day of the week.

The guy is a cunt and he's no spring chicken...but I do rate the way Toney plays. If he was doable for 30 mil, I'd say that's a no brainer. And let's be honest, to be a great striker/player, you have to have that bit of ego. And God knows we need some stronger character in that dressing room.

Not an exciting name at all, but having seen him live a few times, I also like that Goncalo Ramos from PSG. Hasn't settled there, but it's on that cunt club & Enrique, not the kid. Has had very limited opportunities, but whenever called upon, he gave it his best shot and still scored a fair few goals. If there was a loan deal to be done, I reckon he'd be a good 9 for Ange's system.

DM is the key one for me and the duo I'm dreaming of is Bentancur & his fellow Uruguayan...Valverde. But there's zero friggin chance of it happening. I'm a fan of that Goretzka from Bayern too. Nearly 30 but the guy is a born leader and we need old heads to mentor our kids. Has had his injury issues but the past 2-3 years he's been keeping pretty fit. Guy sure can defend, he's useful on set pieces in both boxes, and he's a pretty good playmaker...he takes shots himself but mainly he has a great pass. And obviously he's used to winning. But as with Valverde, no way he's downgrading.

Ramos is an interesting shout. Still young and that club is a mess so hard to judge him on that. Thing I saw with him at the WC is that he's mobile and could do the press work out of possession.

I'd take CDK over Toney every day of the week and surely he wouldn't cost a million times more. It's pure fantasy at this stage though because there aren't even links with him leaving Milan.

Strong characters don't have to be cunts. We need a bit of malice in the dressing room but I wouldn't trust Toney not to point his malice at his teammates or the club if he didn't get what he wants.

Ramos is an interesting shout. Still young and that club is a mess so hard to judge him on that. Thing I saw with him at the WC is that he's mobile and could do the press work out of possession.

I'd take CDK over Toney every day of the week and surely he wouldn't cost a million times more. It's pure fantasy at this stage though because there aren't even links with him leaving Milan.

Strong characters don't have to be cunts. We need a bit of malice in the dressing room but I wouldn't trust Toney not to point his malice at his teammates or the club if he didn't get what he wants.
To be honest re Toney, he got caught but how many other PL stars bet every day and get away with it? Heck, some do even worse and not a peep from the powers that be.

And though he might really be a cunt, I don't think we've ever heard a bad word about him from Brentford coaches, players or fans. Whenever he's been on that pitch, he's done the business for them...clearly never downed tools. Them TV interviews just show he ain't too clever and also that them media twats will stop at nothing to get the ratings, especially cause it was about the cunts down the road signing him iirc.

End of the day, whoever joins us, as long as he puts on the shirt and would take a bullet for the team, I'll support the eff out of the lad. That's what we truly need...friggin soldiers ready to fight til the end and some.

Milan keepers not what they used to be??

Leao looked pretty handy in those HLs...
Let PSG spunk 150 mil on Leao. He's perfect for them...cunt, egotistical player for a cunt wannabe club. Lol at how they let Mbappe go on a free. If I was Qatar, I'd never show my face again. Absolute farce that club.

Lauriente gettable for 20 or so mil, I reckon. Don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but that kid would give us so many edge of your seat moments. He just tries and tries and tries again. I can honestly see him get 15 to 20 goal involvements across all comps for Spurs under Ange.

Let PSG spunk 150 mil on Leao. He's perfect for them...cunt, egotistical player for a cunt wannabe club. Lol at how they let Mbappe go on a free. If I was Qatar, I'd never show my face again. Absolute farce that club.

Lauriente gettable for 20 or so mil, I reckon. Don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but that kid would give us so many edge of your seat moments. He just tries and tries and tries again. I can honestly see him get 15 to 20 goal involvements across all comps for Spurs under Ange.

20 GIs in a season would be a star to me.

If 20m gets us 20 GIs that’s as no brainer as it gets

Slap in a cheeky £20m bid for Tammy Abraham seeing he's just returned from injury , give him a full pre season to get up to speed.
Really don’t think he’s good enough.

We need someone who’s unquestionably better that Richy

Don’t think Tammy is

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

-------------------Vicario----------------------
Porro--------New--------VDV-------Udogie
----------------New-------Sarr----------------
----Johnson-----Maddison-------Eze-------
---------------------New-----------------------

Emerson in the definitely sell column for me.

Keep Davies as he could be the 4/5th centre back. But agree on the rest of those.

Romero wont be going anywhere but agree on Richy. But only if Toney comes in.

Outs
Van de Ven
Vicario
Son
Romero
Bentancur
Porro
Udogie

Ins
Rock climbing center
New Hotel
Extension on go karting track
Rihanna concert at the stadium
New Spa and wellness centre
High end shopping outlet
Another 3m bonus for Levy and all directors
Promotion for Shadyfixx with an extra pack of doritos added to salary

What a window that would be

Make it happen Daniel

💪💪💪

Levy’s 5 year plan uncovered

You saw the leak here first

Slap in a cheeky £20m bid for Tammy Abraham seeing he's just returned from injury , give him a full pre season to get up to speed.
Not the worst idea I’ve heard for that money. But we should be aiming significantly higher for a first choice.

Bench strength for that money though? Aye. I’m in.

As much as I dont like Villa. They have squeezed as much out of that club as they can. The chairman is ambitious and wants to win. The players they have signed, the manager and the sporting director are above their station.

What could we be if we had a chairman like that? We seem to be doing ok despite our chairman

Back
Top Bottom