Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

-------------------Vicario----------------------
Porro--------New--------VDV-------Udogie
----------------New-------Sarr----------------
----Johnson-----Maddison-------Eze-------
---------------------New-----------------------

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

Sell Romero LOL

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

No to selling Ben Davies (good squad player) and definitely not selling Romero.

Agree with the others.

Ange and the club really need to figure out if the real Biss is the one from the first 10 games or the one post-AfCon.

If the latter we absolutely need a new No.6 as a priority, it’s so essential to our system and his performances are causing real concern now.

The other priority IMO is a wide forward who has some technical ability and can beat a man. Written this many many times but I think we get our wide players on the ball as much as any other team in the PL, but 99% of those attacks end in either going back home of coming inside into the congested space.

If we can find a wide player who has the ability to go either way and can really trouble the full back one-on-one it’ll be a game changer for us.

There are other requirements of course but those are the 2 that really stick out to me unless Bissouma shows us he’s the player we hoped he was.

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

Wont be any different to if we had kulu out wide

i would take nico williams over eze there

Ange and the club really need to figure out if the real Biss is the one from the first 10 games or the one post-AfCon.

If the latter we absolutely need a new No.6 as a priority, it’s so essential to our system and his performances are causing real concern now.

The other priority IMO is a wide forward who has some technical ability and can beat a man. Written this many many times but I think we get our wide players on the ball as much as any other team in the PL, but 99% of those attacks end in either going back home of coming inside into the congested space.

If we can find a wide player who has the ability to go either way and can really trouble the full back one-on-one it’ll be a game changer for us.

There are other requirements of course but those are the 2 that really stick out to me unless Bissouma shows us he’s the player we hoped he was.
It’s both

He was equally inconstant at BHA

It’s both

He was equally inconstant at BHA

I remember reading an article from a Brighton supporter when we signed him that said he went from being inconsistent and streaky to one of the best defensive midfielders in the league.

Not sure we can wait four seasons for that Bissouma to arrive consistently though. I wouldn't sell him, I think he has a unique set of skills that can flourish in certain games and we will have a lot of games to play next season. And perhaps with an actual 6, he could flourish more.

We need Skippy for Ct but does he need us? If he's happy to stay and sit around, then fine we keep him.

Richy over Sonny is probably my preference too. I guess it depends on the offers we get though. i still see Richy as a 15 goal striker in this system but he'd probably rotate with any new CF and not get that many.

Kulusevski only goes for the right offer because we'd need to replace the profile (not something I see many recognizing because we just saw why every winger can't be a pace merchant with no ability to keep the ball).

Bentancur was really in a mess against Newcastle. REALLY in a mess. I love him but officially worried now,

As per the list

Zirkzee gives you the hold-up and interplay of a Toney profile and is younger. Both would be around 30-40m so we can afford them.

The Sesko's Gyokeres's of this world will be in the 80-90m and that's likely our entire budget gone on player that is likely just as much of a gamble as Zirkzee.

Onana could be the Feyenoord guy Wiefer or whichever 6 we really go after. Ideally not Gallagher.
Fair point re Skippy. Think the kid will wanna play and a midtable side will take him & play him regularly. Best of luck to him if/when he goes, he's a great lad & proper Spurs.

Gimme 25 mil for Richy and I'm taking him to the airport. Nice kid and been unlucky with injury and MH issues, but just not good/consistent enough.

Kulu will stay...same as Werner will get a perm deal...and both will probably start/get major minutes. But Kulu is not an attacking player...he's built like and has got the skills of a 6 or even FB.

Roddy will come good again when he doesn't have to babysit Biss and Madders, and when he has a proper Frontline ahead of him. Class is permanent.

Zirkzee is slow and not a prolific striker. Though the latter can be worked on. Fair play re Sesko, Gyokeres.

Onana screams Biss v2.0 so I'm not ecstatic at the thought of us spending min 50 mil on him.

Fair point re Skippy. Think the kid will wanna play and a midtable side will take him & play him regularly. Best of luck to him if/when he goes, he's a great lad & proper Spurs.

Gimme 25 mil for Richy and I'm taking him to the airport. Nice kid and been unlucky with injury and MH issues, but just not good/consistent enough.

Kulu will stay...same as Werner will get a perm deal...and both will probably start/get major minutes. But Kulu is not an attacking player...he's built like and has got the skills of a 6 or even FB.

Roddy will come good again when he doesn't have to babysit Biss and Madders, and when he has a proper Frontline ahead of him. Class is permanent.

Zirkzee is slow and not a prolific striker. Though the latter can be worked on. Fair play re Sesko, Gyokeres.

Onana screams Biss v2.0 so I'm not ecstatic at the thought of us spending min 50 mil on him.
If they do then we are screwed

Zirkzee is just an idea for me. I've watched him and thought he was amazing but also heard more than 1 person say what you just said.

The underrated player for us that not many talk about is De Ketelaere. I think he could play #9 and #10 and we'd have zero issues with linking MF to the front 3. He had an assist against Liverpool so we know he can play against prem level and he would naturally open up so much space for Son and Johnson to run in behind. Plus he does the work without the ball.

He's just on loan from Milan so hard to know if he's available or achievable.

Who do you like for the FW and DM roles?

Defintely Sell
Sessegnon
Davies
Rodon
Spence
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Gill
Werner (don't sign)

accept v.good offers
Romero
Emerson
 Richarlison

Before Big Ben, Emerson & Pierre clear out their locker, could you please ask them to teach someone like Udogie to never give up, fight til the end? Be good if they could also share some leadership lessons with the PM at No 10...and I ain't talking about politics.

Also, in that squad of yours, has Porro learnt to defend, overlap, put in good crosses and not needing 40 zillion shots to score a goal?

Zirkzee is just an idea for me. I've watched him and thought he was amazing but also heard more than 1 person say what you just said.

The underrated player for us that not many talk about is De Ketelaere. I think he could play #9 and #10 and we'd have zero issues with linking MF to the front 3. He had an assist against Liverpool so we know he can play against prem level and he would naturally open up so much space for Son and Johnson to run in behind. Plus he does the work without the ball.

He's just on loan from Milan so hard to know if he's available or achievable.

Who do you like for the FW and DM roles?
Think Zirkzee wants to stay in Italy. Pretty likely Motta will leave Bologna to join a traditional top 4 side...I reckon Juve or Napoli...and I bet he takes the kid along.

I really like that CDK. Seen him live a few times over the years and he's like a Crouchy with better & faster feet. Can play 10, 9 or either wing. Struggled mightily when he first arrived at Milan but the context was weird. Now showing plenty great stuff under Gasperini. I reckon there's a deal to be done with AC...swap with Richy or PEH? Between he & Timo, I'm going with the Belgian any day of the week.

The guy is a cunt and he's no spring chicken...but I do rate the way Toney plays. If he was doable for 30 mil, I'd say that's a no brainer. And let's be honest, to be a great striker/player, you have to have that bit of ego. And God knows we need some stronger character in that dressing room.

Not an exciting name at all, but having seen him live a few times, I also like that Goncalo Ramos from PSG. Hasn't settled there, but it's on that cunt club & Enrique, not the kid. Has had very limited opportunities, but whenever called upon, he gave it his best shot and still scored a fair few goals. If there was a loan deal to be done, I reckon he'd be a good 9 for Ange's system.

DM is the key one for me and the duo I'm dreaming of is Bentancur & his fellow Uruguayan...Valverde. But there's zero friggin chance of it happening. I'm a fan of that Goretzka from Bayern too. Nearly 30 but the guy is a born leader and we need old heads to mentor our kids. Has had his injury issues but the past 2-3 years he's been keeping pretty fit. Guy sure can defend, he's useful on set pieces in both boxes, and he's a pretty good playmaker...he takes shots himself but mainly he has a great pass. And obviously he's used to winning. But as with Valverde, no way he's downgrading.

We need Skippy for Ct but does he need us? If he's happy to stay and sit around, then fine we keep him.

Richy over Sonny is probably my preference too. I guess it depends on the offers we get though. i still see Richy as a 15 goal striker in this system but he'd probably rotate with any new CF and not get that many.

Kulusevski only goes for the right offer because we'd need to replace the profile (not something I see many recognizing because we just saw why every winger can't be a pace merchant with no ability to keep the ball).

Bentancur was really in a mess against Newcastle. REALLY in a mess. I love him but officially worried now,

As per the list

Zirkzee gives you the hold-up and interplay of a Toney profile and is younger. Both would be around 30-40m so we can afford them.

The Sesko's Gyokeres's of this world will be in the 80-90m and that's likely our entire budget gone on player that is likely just as much of a gamble as Zirkzee.

Onana could be the Feyenoord guy Wiefer or whichever 6 we really go after. Ideally not Gallagher.
If 90M is our entire budget (to replace a striker we sold for 100M), then we should just delete the club and start again. What’s the point

Back
Top Bottom