Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Across the front 3 he’d get consistent minutes playing left or right.

Still a bit different to having a position to consider his own.

He had what you described at Chavski and it slowly went to shit (Tuchel being a dick accepted).

What he can do is score cutting in and go by and cross it going to the outside.

IMO at least

.......I guess this is what I was honing in upon... Despite the mooted Ange-ball mantra of stay-wide and cross; we do truly need that 'alpha' all-rounder who can do it all in those wing spots. Otherwise we're gonna endlessly spend the first half of games with the wrong combo of attackers on the pitch ironing out the creases in anticipation of HT subs.

Still a bit different to having a position to consider his own.

He had what you described at Chavski and it slowly went to shit (Tuchel being a dick accepted).

.......I guess this is what I was honing in upon... Despite the mooted Ange-ball mantra of stay-wide and cross; we do truly need that 'alpha' all-rounder who can do it all in those wing spots. Otherwise we're gonna endlessly spend the first half of games with the wrong combo of attackers on the pitch ironing out the creases in anticipation of HT subs.

For me we need with that type of profile and a striker that demands attention from the CBs.

We need Isak imo.

Big enough to hold the ball and bring others in, able to win aerials and bully CBs but also fast and agile enough to sprint and press for 90 mins

That would be tasty; but I have zero faith in FFP this summer and that would be the only way they sell him.

That would be tasty; but I have zero faith in FFP this summer and that would be the only way they sell him.
Spurs can’t be blamed at all if we can’t sign Isak from Saudi Newcastle… but the litmus test is if we can sign Eze/Olise from Palace.

Decision to sign Johnson when he wasn’t even Forest’s best attacker last season was an odd one, need to rectify that this summer.

Gibbs-White was, and Awoniyi arguably performed better too.

I thought you were alluding to wingers...... Bit moot if you're not shopping in those positions.

FWIW:

BJ:
23/24: 5g / 9a = 14
22/23: 8g / 3a = 11

MG-W:
23/24: 5g / 10a = 15
22/23: 5g / 8a = 13

Awoniyi:
23/24: 6g / 3a = 9
22/23: 10g / 1a = 11

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1789698725062848944?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Looks like the Barcodes have overtaken us for wages offered.

Forget transfer spend, forget getting CL, the wages you offer decide where you sit on priority lists for players

Smart business from them. Levy thinks PSR will make it easier for us to get the players we want but really it will just force other clubs to do the "smart" deals that he usually prides himself on. Not an easy market coming up for us if we miss out on the CL.

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1789698725062848944?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Looks like the Barcodes have overtaken us for wages offered.

Forget transfer spend, forget getting CL, the wages you offer decide where you sit on priority lists for players

It's also playing time.

Big problem they have had all season is depth in defence Trips is like 33 and Botman is legit there only decent defender.

They could both join there earn good money and also walk into serious playing time.

Anyone who joins here knows they ain't playing first team football. We just outdated serious money on Drag also.

Why would anyone who's young and in there prime come to be 4th choice here?

With Phillips returning after a very good championship loan and Davies probs staying around we won't sign a new CB. It's fullbacks we will have to invest in because we legit have no depth there at all

Back
Top Bottom