Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gallagher (8) and Ederson (6) would give us a very high energy midfield.
can't really see Ederson as a major upgrade at 6, and main reciever from cb's under pressure. Can obviously do it a bit, but looks to me an all-action 8. Actually like the look of him or Gallagher for that workorse Sarr role. Ederson has the plus of being a monster in the air in play and at set pieces.

If we're looking to keep Richy, then signing Guirassay for the release clause banded about seems to be a bit of a no brainier.

Especially whilst we are developing the likes of Veliz, Lankshear, Scarlett etc.
Yeah. Guirassy would be ideal from that perspective. Able to rotate with Richi and together they could realistically get 20+ goals from the centre striker position.

The only striker that I think could be seen as an out and out upgrade and somewhat available is Vlahovic. Who only has 2 years left on his Juve contract. But they would demand a fortune to let him go thus only the somewhat available.

And even then we would need a rotation option alongside him.

Toney has had a good season in the championship too. Anyway. Let’s see what the boffins come up with. If they get it wrong after having so long, it won’t be a goood look.

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1793578604447801810?s=46

"data crunched" explains why johnson was bought for so much money. lazy way to spend 50m. how about actually watch a good 10 hours of them playing rather than letting a stat sheet tell you. or maybe 50m does not warrant that kind of diligence.

he he 🤤. You've developed a habit of referring to me in the third person rather than addressing me directly. In fact, I've let several of your snidey comments slide over the past few days.

You're a very naughty boy

Anyway. I think it's important we add some context to your accusations and address them head on.

Every one of those last 8 years you and a bunch of extreme happy clappers / losers have spent each summer in this thread talking up every window and every signing (you even put a positive spin on the 2018 window when Levy completely shat the bed and made history, a disgraceful cop out that's still stinging us to this day) while at the same time attacking, insulting and abusing anyone with a less positive outlook than yourself.

While myself and others have called out our transfer activity for what it is and have been alarmed at what we see as a lack of ambition on the playing side for a club of our immense wealth, size and stature, with manager after manager let down , screwed over and sold short.

On the above points we can at least amicably agree. Polar opposites, yeah, but our positions Crystal clear.

Now. The all important evidence, blud.

In each of those 8 years you refer to we have gone on to record ANOTHER trophyless season, we've seen half a dozen managerial hirings and firings, and a general downturn in performance and no end in sight to the longest trophy drought since WWII

So. Who has been proven right. You?..🤡... or yours truly?...🤷‍♂️......case closed.

You see, unlike yourself, I don't think you can truly judge a transfer window until the results of the transfer window can be analysed.
No window can seriously be rated 10/10 unless and until that window contributes to meaningful success a year or two down the line

So asking what would constitute a 10/10 window now is a dumb question that doesn't deserve an answer. Especially when so many previous windows rated 10/10 by fools on here only achieved continued failure and managerial departures.

It's nothing to do with moving goalposts, its about looking at things with a dose of realism and using the evidence of stone cold facts to back your opinion up.

48 previous transfer windows with ENIC and just 1 carling cup some 31 transfer windows and 10 managers ago to show for it isn't a great case for your argument and your vitriolic abuse aimed at others who don't agree, chappie.

Try and at least chill out and accept that many fans will never be quite like you.

:angehug:
Hi mate! Great to see you back in the transfer thread - keen to hear your targets who you think would improve us? How much does levy have to spend to consider Ange ‘backed’?

What’s a 10/10 window for John Thomas - that’d be a real ‘nice to have’ as a reference point! Ta

he he 🤤. You've developed a habit of referring to me in the third person rather than addressing me directly. In fact, I've let several of your snidey comments slide over the past few days.

You're a very naughty boy

Anyway. I think it's important we add some context to your accusations and address them head on.

Every one of those last 8 years you and a bunch of extreme happy clappers / losers have spent each summer in this thread talking up every window and every signing (you even put a positive spin on the 2018 window when Levy completely shat the bed and made history, a disgraceful cop out that's still stinging us to this day) while at the same time attacking, insulting and abusing anyone with a less positive outlook than yourself.

While myself and others have called out our transfer activity for what it is and have been alarmed at what we see as a lack of ambition on the playing side for a club of our immense wealth, size and stature, with manager after manager let down , screwed over and sold short.

On the above points we can at least amicably agree. Polar opposites, yeah, but our positions Crystal clear.

Now. The all important evidence, blud.

In each of those 8 years you refer to we have gone on to record ANOTHER trophyless season, we've seen half a dozen managerial hirings and firings, and a general downturn in performance and no end in sight to the longest trophy drought since WWII

So. Who has been proven right. You?..🤡... or yours truly?...🤷‍♂️......case closed.

You see, unlike yourself, I don't think you can truly judge a transfer window until the results of the transfer window can be analysed.
No window can seriously be rated 10/10 unless and until that window contributes to meaningful success a year or two down the line

So asking what would constitute a 10/10 window now is a dumb question that doesn't deserve an answer. Especially when so many previous windows rated 10/10 by fools on here only achieved continued failure and managerial departures.

It's nothing to do with moving goalposts, its about looking at things with a dose of realism and using the evidence of stone cold facts to back your opinion up.

48 previous transfer windows with ENIC and just 1 carling cup some 31 transfer windows and 10 managers ago to show for it isn't a great case for your argument and your vitriolic abuse aimed at others who don't agree, chappie.

Try and at least chill out and accept that many fans will never be quite like you.

:angehug:

Which players would you like to see come in?

Hi mate! Great to see you back in the transfer thread - keen to hear your targets who you think would improve us? How much does levy have to spend to consider Ange ‘backed’?

What’s a 10/10 window for John Thomas - that’d be a real ‘nice to have’ as a reference point! Ta

Dont worry John, i got this for you.

LEEEEVVVVVYYYYYYY, ENNNIICCCCCC, shake my fist!!!!!!

26 Yeaaaaaarrrs

Hotel, gocart, real legacy fans, transfers, trophyless, 2018!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom