Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waste of money. (And another bloody bun)

Tottenham held talks with Chelsea about England midfielder Conor Gallagher in January and Spurs plan to make another move for the 24-year-old in the summer. (Football Insider)
There must be something seriously wrong between our recruitment team and coaches/manager if someone thinks this guy is what we need. He has been awful in this game against virtually a 2nd string dippers. Not seen one redeemable quality he brings to the table. I’d keep skippy or just promote donley or Alfie.

There must be something seriously wrong between our recruitment team and coaches/manager if someone thinks this guy is what we need. He has been awful in this game against virtually a 2nd string dippers. Not seen one redeemable quality he brings to the table. I’d keep skippy or just promote donley or Alfie.
I’ve watched a lot more closely over the last few months and I think he has went back the way. I thought he was a decent player when he went on loan to palace but all I see a steady Eddie. Not shit at anything but not good at anything. He’s Skippy with just a bit more but if we spent £50 million on him then someone should be shot.

It must be Ange that wants him. Some tiny doubts are beginning to invade my previous views....

Barkley...... We should have got him when we had the chance for £30M when he went to chavs.

Utter nonsense..... He's done the sum total of fuck all for the following 5 years.

Why would you want to have paid 30m for that???????

Last edited:
As I said when he left Everton for chavs which is a grave yard.

Point remains..... Ruing not signing a player for 30m that proved to be shit for 5 years (injuries, poor play and criticised for his attitude) is utter silliness.

I don't want Gallagher, but at least his future is still to be written.

Not directly answering your point but in full agreement with its sentiment. I was saying to Deuterz Deuterz that I think we can genuinely critique Kanes performances in big games and clutch moments and his performances are at odds with the centrality of his role at Spurs. He wasn't treated like his peers, and his untouchable status did him no favours. I'd not want to go back down that path no matter how good he is.
Agree entirely

Waste of money. (And another bloody bun)

Tottenham held talks with Chelsea about England midfielder Conor Gallagher in January and Spurs plan to make another move for the 24-year-old in the summer. (Football Insider)

Apparently bottled a few good chances in the Final today. Would fit right in 😅

All jokes aside, Bergvall and Gallagher for Lo Celso and Hojberg isn’t bad as long as we don’t pay over 35m for Gallagher

Apparently bottled a few good chances in the Final today. Would fit right in 😅

All jokes aside, Bergvall and Gallagher for Lo Celso and Hojberg isn’t bad as long as we don’t pay over 35m for Gallagher

Thought he was their best player, just couldn't finish.

Guy runs about like a rabid dog.

I have no idea why I called him a rabid dog but I can't be arsed to think of anything else.

Thought he was their best player, just couldn't finish.

Guy runs about like a rabid dog.

I have no idea why I called him a rabid dog but I can't be arsed to think of anything else.
Romero is like a rabid dog when he has the hump and goes looking for man or ball. A rabid dog unleashed into a shopping mall

Back
Top Bottom