Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bissouma was a fantastic 6 at the start of last season, was getting more raps than Maddison if I recall. Fell apart after that chelsea game and then was all downhill after the African Cup. Maybe he can hold it together longer this season, or share some game time with young Bergvall or Sarr or even Tyrese Hall who Ange seems to like.
Bissouma went downhill. Son went downhill. Maddison went downhill. Kulu went downhill. Bentancur came back and never got up the hill. Richarlison got up the hill then came back down the hill. Sarr went downhill. PEH could sometimes spend the last 20 minutes of a game at the top of the hill, but that was it.
When it's 1 or 2 players you question the the players. When it's half of your best 11, there's another problem.

It's been going on for about 4 years. Yet people still fall for it.

Been going on way back when remember Team Talk on Teletext :D

teamtalk_1998-04-14.png

The OG clickbait but it was phonebait.

Yeah I remember calling them up once or twice in desperation back in the day.

I remember discussing them with you back on SC a few years ago. We had the same conclusion then as now.

I remember there was a report that we were signing Samuel Eto'o from Barcelona that got me all excited - ended up ringing them up didn't I, only for some automated VM to read out some article based on speculation, think it ended up costing me £3 or something like that.

Bissouma went downhill. Son went downhill. Maddison went downhill. Kulu went downhill. Bentancur came back and never got up the hill. Richarlison got up the hill then came back down the hill. Sarr went downhill. PEH could sometimes spend the last 20 minutes of a game at the top of the hill, but that was it.
When it's 1 or 2 players you question the the players. When it's half of your best 11, there's another problem.

Bissouma recovered his form back end of the season. Kulusevski was burned out from playing every position under the sun. Richarlison never lost his form, just got injured. Son actually looked better than he did most of the season in the last few games at LW. Maddison is a fair observation and he has admitted his form fell off.

When you have a whole squad injury crisis, Asia Cup and Afcon all in the same season, whilst already adjusting to a new system and losing your best player, it will effect the whole squad, not just the player involved.

Looks like we are not going to sell as many players as I was hoping in this window. I thought we might buy a big named forward, but with Richarliason looking like staying I don't think we have the budget for a big name. Rumours of a 100 million war chest to spend sounds feasible, but 60 million on Eze doesn't leave much left. Maybe if we got Kubo or Toney for 40 mill that would do for this window.
John Thomas John Thomas do your thing 😅

Spurs fans when they don't like the player's the manager wants:

Back the manager Levy :thumbdown:

Actually that's not such a great idea, don't back the manager because we don't like his targets :thumbup:

He’d fit perfectly with how we play,

Only issue is that I don’t think he qualifies as club trained
I think he does not qualify even as a HG, just like Dier, for Europe?
Yeah, don't think he would be either CT or HG for UEFA comps because they only start counting the 3 years from the season you turn 15 and he left England at 16. Would be HG for the Prem but would take up an overseas slot for UEFA so not ideal.

Back
Top Bottom