Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like we are not going to sell as many players as I was hoping in this window. I thought we might buy a big named forward, but with Richarliason looking like staying I don't think we have the budget for a big name. Rumours of a 100 million war chest to spend sounds feasible, but 60 million on Eze doesn't leave much left. Maybe if we got Kubo or Toney for 40 mill that would do for this window.
Thinking of Udogie, VDV, Vicario and Dragusin - none of whom I'd heard of until we were linked with them, I'm wondering which hidden gems we might be bringing in. They don't have to cost stupid money to make a big difference.

Didn't we already have Udogie on the books before last season's transfer window?

We're counting him twice . Maybe we can count him again this summer. .:freund:

And, of course, we sold probably the world's best striker and replaced him with nobody but we still have to rate the window a mandatory 9 or 10/10 regardless

Thank you Daniel. .
200w.gif

Last edited:
Thinking of Udogie, VDV, Vicario and Dragusin - none of whom I'd heard of until we were linked with them, I'm wondering which hidden gems we might be bringing in. They don't have to cost stupid money to make a big difference.
At the end of the day they made and will make no meaningful difference though

A) what did we win 🤷‍♂️
B) what do you expect them to win under Levy. 🤷‍♀️

And if they develop into players that can make a difference, we'll sell them before they do.

The tried and tested ENIC model, matey.....It's purely financial.

Last edited:
And, of course, we sold probably the world's best striker and replaced him with nobody but we still have to rate the window a mandatory 9 or 10/10 regardless
I think they (the ones in charge of transfers) thought that Son could be the Kane replacement.

I can't remember how I rated the transfer window in that thread but I'll give it 5/10 now, Maddison has been meh-ddison, Johnson has been ok. VDV been the best one, Vicario has been good apart from being jostled over too easily. Solomon, ok for the short spell that he's played.

As for January, Werner he's not as good as our ageing Perisic that we had. Dragusin I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. 4/10.

Just goes to show the value in the Serie A and Bundi vs the EPL. Udogie for 18mil or whatever it was vs 45mil for brennan!

Back
Top Bottom