Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol while it's funny. Barkley would be the 6 in my England team alongside Rice and Bellingham.

He was very good as a 6 last season and on a contract of 25grand a week not sure what villa offered him

11 G/As as a 6 last season 9 in prem, I'll take that all day long.

I'm one of them who prefer a creative 6 rather than a destroyer.

Is Barkley not a better player than PEH and lo celso?

And possibly had a better season than Bentancur and Bissouma

Barkleys issues stem from his off the ball work.

One of the worst players in the entire league at it from my eyes last season. Doesn't really bust a gut to get back (probably because of his fitness issue) and let's runners go constantly.

He had a good year on the ball productively for Luton. But no, I'd still much rather a half fit Lo Celso over him.

What did you make of 2023 transfer window ? Now we have the benefit of hindsight. Good or bad?

Well the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. .4/10 at a stretch.

Sold another world class player and banked the money. Replaced him with fresh air.

Early exits in both domestic cups despite having no European football to contend with.

Missed out on the Champions League following an alarming drop off in form as our paper thin squad again began to show its cracks.

Lost at home to our 3 closest rivals taking 2 points from 18 in total.

Trophyless season #16 on the bounce

Actually, 3/10 would be more like it.

Last edited:
4/10 at a stretch.

Sold another world class player and banked the money. Replaced him with fresh air.

Early exits in both domestic cups despite having no European football to contend with.

Missed out on the Champions League following an alarming drop off in form as our paper thin squad again began to show its cracks.

Lost at home to our 3 closest rivals taking 2 points from 18

So Vicario, van de Ven, Udogie, Johnson and Madison are a 3/10?

I think your tranny meds need to be recalibrated mate.

Well the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. .4/10 at a stretch.

Lost at home to our 3 closest rivals taking 2 points from 18 in total.

Trophyless season #16 on the bounce

Asked to rate the transfer window but you ended up rating the season lol

Anyway it's a bit of a redundant question, no one really knows how good the transfer business was until the players come to the end or near to the end of their tenure with the club, case in point Summer 2019, at the time people called it a masterstroke, ended up being a disaster.

Barkleys issues stem from his off the ball work.

One of the worst players in the entire league at it from my eyes last season. Doesn't really bust a gut to get back (probably because of his fitness issue) and let's runners go constantly.

He had a good year on the ball productively for Luton. But no, I'd still much rather a half fit Lo Celso over him.
Yeah but defending is overrated, gimme a Transfer window of Barkley, Veerman, Eze, Williams, Olise and the best no.9 money can buy.

:ange-arms:

Maybe bring in Vinicius jr aswell as a cheap punt

Asked to rate the transfer window but you ended up rating the season lol

Anyway it's a bit of a redundant question, no one really knows how good the transfer business was until the players come to the end or near to the end of their tenure with the club, case in point Summer 2019, at the time people called it a masterstroke, ended up being a disaster.
The season is the net result of the transfer window, surely.

If the squad isn't good enough to progress in any cup competition and gradually deteriorated as the season progressed that’s symbolic of the transfer window, surely.

If we keep having all these great transfer windows you guys rate 9/10 or 10/10 why does it never translate to meaningful success?

Ever?

🤷‍♂️

If the squad isn't good enough to progress in any cup competition and gradually deteriorated as the season progressed that’s symbolic of the transfer window, surely.

If we keep having all these great transfer windows you guys rate 9/10 or 10/10 why does it never translate to meaningful success?

🤷‍♂️

No because you don't sign players for 1 season generally and the players that you sign isn't made up of the entire squad

It's like saying signing no one in 2018 contributed to us reaching the CL final so it was an 8/10 window, it doesn't make sense 😆

Pointless exercise rating windows, for now at least anyway.

"Part of a big club with GREAT AMBITION

pain-ouch-michael-scott-nev6b9n2vz3965fi.gif

Ever?

🤷‍♂️
You won’t even tell us what a 9/10 or 10/10 window even looks like though.

Can't understand people saying you can't rate a transfer window by the season. How do you rate it?

We have not had a Great Transfer window in 20 +. We've had windows that we were lucky with our purchases, but we've never had a window that guaranteed success.

Levy is always taking a punt. I think back to when we swapped Lamela + a pretty packed for Bryan Gil. The punt on Rodon. The punt on Bergwjin. The Punt on Richie, The Punt on Johnson. The punt on Emerson, The Punt on Spence.....

The list of punts is way longer than the list of proven players. Which window could have been anything better than a 4/10 or a 5/10. Maybe when we bought Klinsmann or Gazza

Can't understand people saying you can't rate a transfer window by the season. How do you rate it?

We have not...

grumble...

Already given you an example why you can't rate a TW by season - look what happened in 2019, broke our Transfer record, everyone rated it highly and was excited by it but ended up being our worst transfer window on record.

Back
Top Bottom