Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not going to improve much on his passing at 22. He is what he is. Ederson is an all rounder and you could see why Ange would go for him. He’s the same type of player as Gallagher as he does a bit of everything.
I wanted Gallagher, but Ederson is a very exciting link. I’d image we could triple his wages…

You’d think that would be a no brainer. But a forward scoring that number of goals (and that level is only reached by 3 or 4 players a season) is probably one who plays exclusively between the posts and doesn’t do much else. Is that the correct player for Ange? Fucked if I know.

My dream striker for this window would be Watkins. Goals and assists aplenty. But would he fit the team properly? Or are we looking at a more fluid front three? Time will tell.
I’m convinced we’ll get Toney for 40ish

Not delighted about it.

45m on Johnson
40 million on Maddison
30 odd million on VDV

Your issue is that we didn't spend the entirety of the money we got for Kane on another striker.

We clearly had/have more than just our CF to upgrade and we have invested all over the pitch

Let's see what we are going to spend this summer - we aren't going to be getting huge transfer fees for anyone outgoing.
My issue is that we're still getting spent under the table by clubs like Chelsea who are supposed to have had their wings clipped by PSR and FFP.

My issue is people constantly trying to make out like we're big spenders. When you add up fees, wages and back handers, we're not as "spendy" as the Levy fans think we are.
We spent reasonable sums of money last summer, but it was beyond essential by then as the squad was a mess and we had very few sellable assets outside of Kane.
And here we are again, trying to squeeze money for PEH, Rodon, Gil that just won't come.

Without a Kane-esq sale, I wouldn't expect this summer of signings people think we'll have.

My issue is that we're still getting spent under the table by clubs like Chelsea who are supposed to have had their wings clipped by PSR and FFP.

My issue is people constantly trying to make out like we're big spenders. When you add up fees, wages and back handers, we're not as "spendy" as the Levy fans think we are.
We spent reasonable sums of money last summer, but it was beyond essential by then as the squad was a mess and we had very few sellable assets outside of Kane.
And here we are again, trying to squeeze money for PEH, Rodon, Gil that just won't come.

Without a Kane-esq sale, I wouldn't expect this summer of signings people think we'll have.

I hear you - and I cannot claim to know what we will spend on whom, nor how much money we will get for our outgoings - we can only judge it after it has happened.

What i would say is to not believe anything you are reading right now and make your judgements on that because it is all clickbait and designed to stress you out.

No one but the club currently knows how much we are asking for our players

People taking the moral high ground over Toney must of course all want Bentacur out then?

What if I don’t want Toney because he might not be that great and I’m not sure he’s a great fit with how we play?

It’s just a shame that guy Ricky hosts… m

So irritating, talks so fast and so much of his ‘schtick’ Is laughing and being like… ‘oh my god haha aren’t we all mental! You’ll have me at it next’ etc
Lee Mcqueen gets on my tits as well , that pod is unlistenable

I'm trying to think back, the last quality CF bought was Berbatov?

We used to get CFs the likes of Lineker, Klinsman, Sherringham, isn't that what we all want?

Now we have Richarlison, and Son or Kulusevski as makeshift CFs.
images
tumblr_odwd8fG9ek1u9ikt0o4_500.gif

I hear you - and I cannot claim to know what we will spend on whom, nor how much money we will get for our outgoings - we can only judge it after it has happened.

What i would say is to not believe anything you are reading right now and make your judgements on that because it is all clickbait and designed to stress you out.

No one but the club currently knows how much we are asking for our players

I would say that if the asking price was fair, then they'd be gone PDQ. It's a problem these days that Levy has tried to acquire so many players for as little as possible over the years, that clubs now try to out Levy Levy on our players.
And I also think other clubs are just better at drumming up interest and creating bidding wars etc.

What if I don’t want Toney because he might not be that great and I’m not sure he’s a great fit with how we play?
Is that the one and only reason?
I see him as a pretty serious upgrade on Richie on everything but age tbh. For less money.

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re big spenders at all.

It is worth noting Chelsea have been below us this past two seasons and their strategy of chaining them selves to young players for 8/9 years is a huge risk imo..

Also tbf. Apart from Tosin I don’t think anyone has bought anyone? It’s pretty early.

He looks far too old to be getting involved in the amount of online spats he does!

Will watch it though as he's good on LWOS when on. I didnt realise he was on there so will avoid this thread for spoilers until after watching it.

Just watched it. Nothing really revelatory but a good listen nonetheless.

Eze sounds difficult, he thinks Palace will sell both him and Olise, which I was surprised about.

Toney a possibility at £45m (if that is the price) but he doesnt see us buying him, another winger and another attacking midfielder. I agree with him here and have said it a few times, especially after we bought Werner in, it just isnt something we'd do.

He also says we need to add players in because of the amount of games we have to play and with those who have featured last season (Emerson, GLC, Hojbjerg) on top of what we really need to kick on.

Basically he says what common sense tells you.

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re big spenders at all.

It is worth noting Chelsea have been below us this past two seasons and their strategy of chaining them selves to young players for 8/9 years is a huge risk imo..

Also tbf. Apart from Tosin I don’t think anyone has bought anyone? It’s pretty early.
Oh some people definitely think we're in the big time for spending. But it's only accounting for headline transfer fees. There's so much more that clubs don't disclose that I suspect is the reason we miss out on top talent so often.

Back
Top Bottom