Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

I expect more than that mate.

Our model last year was:
X3 big spend : VDV, Maddison, Johnson
€40m+ each

X1 significant spend: Vicario
€20m ish

X1 freebie: Solomon
Wages

Not sure how much of that was expecting Kane money but I could see 3 bigs and a significant spend again. Werner is the freebie
I hope your transfer model is correct for this window. 3x big spends would be good. Maybe to good to be true. I thought 2x big spends 1. Eze. 2. striker/winger 1x significant spend. Archie Gray. Freebie. Werner. The striker is a tough one. Lots of expensive options with no guarantees they will score 20+. Maybe buy a top class winger and just play Son as striker. He'll score 20+ a season. He scored 17 last season and was on the wing for half of the time.

Poor tactics at crucial moments from a coach that did not have the experience of getting teams over the line at the final hurdle.

I suspect it had a lot to do with those players that weren't in our 'best 11'

NKoudu, Onomah, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, CCV, Wimmer, Jannsen, Caroll, Chadlii, Mason, Bentaleb, Njie

'Kane's injured.......Bring on N'Jie!'

Sources say Spurs have hijacked the West Midlands giants’ move by agreeing a cut-price fee for McKennie, 25.

That's just how we're always perceived now....

They may as well say what they REALLY mean:

Sources say well renowned tight fisted Jewish club Spurs have hijacked the West Midlands giants’ (the MOIGHTY Villa) move by agreeing a typical cheapskate cut-price fee for McKennie, 25.... The Dirty Jews!

I hope your transfer model is correct for this window. 3x big spends would be good. Maybe to good to be true. I thought 2x big spends 1. Eze. 2. striker/winger 1x significant spend. Archie Gray. Freebie. Werner. The striker is a tough one. Lots of expensive options with no guarantees they will score 20+. Maybe buy a top class winger and just play Son as striker. He'll score 20+ a season. He scored 17 last season and was on the wing for half of the time.

I think that too good to be true thing is the issue a lot of fans have with the club.

Should it really be too good to be true for them to recruit the players needed to really compete?

I get that Mbappe and Rodri would be too good to be true. Recruitment like Real Madrid is too good to be true but just doing what the squad needs? Why don’t Spurs fans feel like they can realistically expect that?

That's just how we're always perceived now....

They may as well say what they REALLY mean:

Sources say well renowned tight fisted Jewish club Spurs have hijacked the West Midlands giants’ (the MOIGHTY Villa) move by agreeing a typical cheapskate cut-price fee for McKennie, 25.... The Dirty Jews!
Pathetic post. Grow the fuck up.

Debate about 'backing the manager' in here is hilarious when no one actually has a clear definition of what it actually means.

OK mate. You think Levy backs all his managers and the reason they all fail to win, call him out, and get the sack is down to, ermm'.. goblins......we get it. You've made your point.

4bUV7Ls.gif

Debate about 'backing the manager' in here is hilarious when no one actually has a clear definition of what it actually means.
In general, we all want the manager to be backed. The problem is there isn’t a football club on the planet that is transparent enough to know if their manager is being backed. And even if there were, and there has been examples in the past of a manager saying “I wanted this player”, the response is “well, what’s he supposed to say?”.

All I want is the manager to tell his scouting team ”I want a player with this set of skills and qualities“, the scouting team identify a couple of targets and we buy one of them. I assume that’s how we work?

The problem on this forum, from the usual suspects, is that “backing the manager” generally means “buy the players I want and make sure they are fucking expensive”. And in some cases, just as long as the fucking expensive criteria is met, as the posters don’t know who they want.

I agree it’s quite hard to define. Personally I would go for signing players early in the positions that need addressing . Not selling players who are critical to the team and either not replacing them or replacing them with appreciably lesser quality . Certainly this should be a key component, it’s why I said I wasn’t unhappy with our January window .

If the question is reversed what in your opinion constitutes a bad window

EDIT: I would probably add not strengthening one area and weakening another to fund it

Back
Top Bottom