Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the thing. If Levy does back his managers, which is the drum you keep banging, why do they all fail to win anything and end up getting the sack?

:sonhmm:
Can I ask and I'd honestly love you to answer...

do you believe genuinely that if Levy fully backed Ange the we defintely win the league.

simple as that? is that what you think?

Conte wasn't a proven winner?

Even Jose?

Yeah maybe if they were here instead of Poch we would have.

Poch had Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Walker and Rose all in their prime.

We had arguably the best back 5 in the lead at that time with Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose in front of Hugo. Kane, Dele, Eriksen and later Sonny up front. Dembele in the midfield.

How did that team not win anything?

We had arguably the best back 5 in the lead at that time with Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose in front of Hugo. Kane, Dele, Eriksen and later Sonny up front. Dembele in the midfield.

Is a great question.

Poch made most of those players better though. Dele and Eriksen especially.

Poor tactics at crucial moments from a coach that did not have the experience of getting teams over the line at the final hurdle.

Looks like we are not going to sell as many players as I was hoping in this window. I thought we might buy a big named forward, but with Richarliason looking like staying I don't think we have the budget for a big name. Rumours of a 100 million war chest to spend sounds feasible, but 60 million on Eze doesn't leave much left. Maybe if we got Kubo or Toney for 40 mill that would do for this window.
The transfer window hasn't even been open a week....

Back
Top Bottom