Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he doesn’t seem to have the backing of the UAE.

Let’s turn this around on you - what other factors might be relevant to winning apart from “backing the manager”?

I’m sure with a little head scratching you’ll come up with 4 or 5 other significant factors.
FSG aren’t Saudi or UAE

Why turn it on me? I’m saying that managers haven’t been backed to win. I’m saying each and every one gets left short somewhere vital. Like Conte being a 3CB and WBs guy so he was given Lenglet on loan and left with Emerson at RWB.

If the club really wants to win, it needs to build football teams like it builds stadiums and training grounds.

Try and work on what I actually said, not what your brain read or what you want me to say and I might humour you because you're clearly after some nibbles ;)

Bit more work on that comprehension matey.

Until then...
Like I said. It was a perfectly reasonable question. You refusing to answer it pretty much proves my point anyway. So cheers for that. 👍

So villa going for matsen and todibo. Seem to have alot more ambition than we do.

Add to Torres, Diaby and couple of other big money moves plus cl football
All this "ambition" talk is so tiring. Did signing Lenglet on loan last season scream ambition?How about trying to sell one of their best midfielders in Douglas Luiz? But sure, signing 2 players a couple of weeks before us is a sign of "ambition".

Not to mention they are yet to actually sign those two. They're rumours as of now and at best, they're still working on those deals, same as we are right now except, we don't have people leaking every single name on our lists to journalists.
Secondly their signings on the whole have been worse than ours and they're shopping in the same good and cheap but not elite aisle that you lot lambast the club for shopping in. Their best signings like Torres and Diaby aren't any better than comparable signings we've made. But sure, it's "ambition" when they're doing it.

Meanwhile, over at 'London's richest club'

200w.gif
Financially rich, but skint on the pitch success wise, the long wait continues on.
In other news, amazing that these clubs don't give a fuck about FFP.

FSG aren’t Saudi or UAE

Why turn it on me? I’m saying that managers haven’t been backed to win. I’m saying each and every one gets left short somewhere vital. Like Conte being a 3CB and WBs guy so he was given Lenglet on loan and left with Emerson at RWB.

If the club really wants to win, it needs to build football teams like it builds stadiums and training grounds.
You’re saying that we haven’t won, therefore the manager hasn’t been backed.

I’m saying that the conclusion doesn’t follow from the premises.

Managers can be backed and the team still won’t win because there are many factors that go into winning.

Simple question - why do you think Man City have won 6 of the last 7 premier league titles ?

Put simply the club has to build trust it had with the fans before the stadium move.

There isn’t a shortcut either and they might need to do things outside their comfort zone financially.

The Ange era with Lange and the new structure is making a promising start but the club is passed the stage of promises, it needs to deliver now. Can’t blame anymore managers, cant sack anymore DOFs, just needs to get it done. By any means possible

Completely agree.

Chris Hemsworth Movie GIF by NETFLIX

Put simply the club has to build trust it had with the fans before the stadium move.

There isn’t a shortcut either and they might need to do things outside their comfort zone financially.

The Ange era with Lange and the new structure is making a promising start but the club is passed the stage of promises, it needs to deliver now. Can’t blame anymore managers, cant sack anymore DOFs, just needs to get it done. By any means possible
Only way that happens is if they sell a stake in the club and put the money in

Tight cunts aren’t going to disrupt their cash cow all of a sudden after a 1/4 century of low risk bare minimum

All this "ambition" talk is so tiring. Did signing Lenglet on loan last season scream ambition?How about trying to sell one of their best midfielders in Douglas Luiz? But sure, signing 2 players a couple of weeks before us is a sign of "ambition".

Not to mention they are yet to actually sign those two. They're rumours as of now and at best, they're still working on those deals, same as we are right now except, we don't have people leaking every single name on our lists to journalists.
Secondly their signings on the whole have been worse than ours and they're shopping in the same good and cheap but not elite aisle that you lot lambast the club for shopping in. Their best signings like Torres and Diaby aren't any better than comparable signings we've made. But sure, it's "ambition" when they're doing it.

Too much common sense in here fella, your talents are clearly wasted :p

Lol@all the Richarlison talk.

We spent £50m on him with £10m in no doubt mythical add-ons like us winning something or him getting the Ballon d'Or.
We spent 60m on Richarlison
We spent 55m on Johnson
We spent 45m on maddison
We spent 43m on VDV
We spent 60m on Richarlison
We certainly didn't buy him twice at £60m a pop either, we bought him from a team up to their tits in FFP.

Johnson was £45m-ish (£10m due August 31, 2024, £10m due August 31, 2025, £12.5m August 31, 2026), Maddison was £40m (plus add-ons again and with Harry Winks going the other way for £10m). VdV was an initial fee of £34.5m (€40m) plus a potential £8.5m (€10m) in add-ons.

Chelsea book a profit of £37.5m (Maateson came through Chelsea youth so sale is 100% profit), and it all goes into period to 30 June which is VERY helpful for their ffp position ,

Meanwhile if Chelsea sign a player from Villa the fee is spread over 5 years (assuming a 5 year contract.

And Villa book whatever they make on the player they sell . again all profit before 30 June, whilst tyhey spread Maateson cost over 5 years.

Almost as if the 2 clubs both agreed to do deals to help each others ffp position out. Who would have thought it ? And its pretty similar to what Paratici got done 'for' - doing deals for financial reasons !
Get you, but think Don Fabio's case was a bit more complex and less out in the open.

You’re saying that we haven’t won, therefore the manager hasn’t been backed.

I’m saying that the conclusion doesn’t follow from the premises.

Managers can be backed and the team still won’t win because there are many factors that go into winning.

Simple question - why do you think Man City have won 6 of the last 7 premier league titles ?

On an individual basis sure but if every manager is backed and none of them win, then what?

City have made it much more difficult to win things because they are backed by a nation state fir sure.

Liverpool still managed it though. If they spent Coutinho money on real quality like VVD, Allison, and Mane but we spread out the Bale money over 7 bang average players, which club back their manager?

There's been plenty mistrust in this ownership for years. You make it sound as if it was all rosey and Levy was a God before WHL v2.0...our beautiful stadium which by the way cost us a heck of a lot more than shoulda done, but I guess that's another one that the big man gets a pass for from his cultists.

Back
Top Bottom