Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Georgian kid flopped big time at Ajax, only lasted a few months there before returning to Metz. That said, Ajax were a right friggin mess last season...and he banged in a fair few goals upon returning to Metz, nearly keeping them up. I'm hearing he's off to Monaco now, though.
Yeah, he's not really what I'd prioritise for us, we have a lot of mid-level attackers. Badly need a wing player who's carrying, creation and threat defines our attack. But he does seem to be really good at finding dangerous positions and striking cleanly towards the goal. Reminds me of Jota a bit.

That Georgian kid flopped big time at Ajax, only lasted a few months there before returning to Metz. That said, Ajax were a right friggin mess last season...and he banged in a fair few goals upon returning to Metz, nearly keeping them up. I'm hearing he's off to Monaco now, though.

Always find it's hard to judge an isolated season (or in this case, half a season). Different circumstances, new coach, new environment. Like you say, Ajax were a mess. He only started two games for them in 5 months!

Much easier to just judge a player on things he is good at and if those are things teams are missing as opposed to environment.

Salah at Chelsea is an example. Clearly just didn't fit in there. If we had signed him off the back of his Fiorentina season, people would probably be questioning why we would be interested. Just one of those things. No one could forsee Salah ending up as one of the leagues greatest ever players.

There's also plenty of one season wonders out there too.

Not say to Mikataudze is someone we should be looking at but I was seriously impressed with his performance against Turkey from his work rate, technique, movement (but also, can never judge on a tournament either)

Will be interesting to see how he goes today.

Child Smile GIF

View: https://x.com/spurotm/status/1804529211635298709?s=46&t=Zr__ObRcjqxF616P03tagg

Stayed off for a few days expecting to come back to some news but…..nothing.

Seems Villa are the only team doing early business!

One of 3 or 4 teams who are doing business before 30 June ffp deadline - but the deals are essentially 'swap deals' with artificially high fees to ensure clubs make large profits for ffp purposes when they sell and fees on purchases are spread over 5 years.

Footballwise probably no advantage to deals, ffp wise they hope it saves their skin

One of 3 or 4 teams who are doing business before 30 June ffp deadline - but the deals are essentially 'swap deals' with artificially high fees to ensure clubs make large profits for ffp purposes when they sell and fees on purchases are spread over 5 years.

Footballwise probably no advantage to deals, ffp wise they hope it saves their skin

Wonder what other deals those clubs will make with each other?

If Chelsea or Villa need a result later in the season and happen to be playing each other or they need a specific result from a game the other is playing in? Murky waters ahead.

Back
Top Bottom