Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good player, but would be a huge waste of funds.

£70m on a guy who can't play in midfield with Maddison, and is behind Son on the left. When we desperately need starters at ST and RW, not to mention additions at #6, fullback and CB.

Terrible squad planning if this goes ahead, unless we've found some external investment and Levy is finally opening the chequebook in multiple areas (huge doubt).

£70m on a guy who can't play in midfield with Maddison, and is behind Son on the left. When we desperately need starters at ST and RW, not to mention additions at #6, fullback and CB.

Terrible squad planning if this goes ahead, unless we've found some external investment and Levy is finally opening the chequebook in multiple areas (huge doubt).
I wouldn't worry too much, he will probably end up at Woolwich.

Always find it's hard to judge an isolated season (or in this case, half a season). Different circumstances, new coach, new environment. Like you say, Ajax were a mess. He only started two games for them in 5 months!

Much easier to just judge a player on things he is good at and if those are things teams are missing as opposed to environment.

Salah at Chelsea is an example. Clearly just didn't fit in there. If we had signed him off the back of his Fiorentina season, people would probably be questioning why we would be interested. Just one of those things. No one could forsee Salah ending up as one of the leagues greatest ever players.

There's also plenty of one season wonders out there too.

Not say to Mikataudze is someone we should be looking at but I was seriously impressed with his performance against Turkey from his work rate, technique, movement (but also, can never judge on a tournament either)

Will be interesting to see how he goes today.
You make some good points there and yeah he sure is a good player. Just think we need a surer thing up front.

But ofc if he goes to Monaco and scores 20 next season, his value will skyrocket.

Chiesa would be shrewd for 35 mill assuming we get eze too

Son has how long left in the PL, two seasons?

This is what "terrible planning is all about".

sorry but is this squad too good for Eze ? We literally have only one attacking midfielder within the team and he’s doesn’t have the cleanest injury history.

At this moment Eze is the best player we’ve been linked to. Assuming Ange gave his blessing it’s a no brainer signing.

Buy the best players you can, then figure out where they fit.

A week in to the Euros now then. Who have we seen that we’d like to sign so far? Realistically.

Englands standout (the odd brain fart excepted) has been Guehi for me. But expensive and we don’t need him.

I’ve liked the look of Lobotka from Slovakia. Busy, good passer. Nearly 30 though, but seems like the kind of guy that’ll still be doing it at 36.

And get ready to take the fucking piss, as the other guy I liked in his only match so far suffers from the English hate that Ibrahimovic had to endure and that’s Lukaku. Massively underrated on here and did miss a couple of chances, but he somehow managed to get free in the box to miss these, even though he’s as big as a fucking town. And he scores a lot more than he misses.

Fire away, cunts.
Hojberg 🤷‍♂️

A week in to the Euros now then. Who have we seen that we’d like to sign so far? Realistically.

Englands standout (the odd brain fart excepted) has been Guehi for me. But expensive and we don’t need him.

I’ve liked the look of Lobotka from Slovakia. Busy, good passer. Nearly 30 though, but seems like the kind of guy that’ll still be doing it at 36.

And get ready to take the fucking piss, as the other guy I liked in his only match so far suffers from the English hate that Ibrahimovic had to endure and that’s Lukaku. Massively underrated on here and did miss a couple of chances, but he somehow managed to get free in the box to miss these, even though he’s as big as a fucking town. And he scores a lot more than he misses.

Fire away, cunts.
Oh, and Billy Gilmour

Must admit , Lobotka looks a proper player , involved in everything .

Think he's at Napoli , no way they'll let him go
We apparently were interested in him summer of ‘19 I think. He was playing for a tiny Spanish club (w/baby blue kits). Interesting to think what might have been. I didn’t think he’d cut it as a DM in the prem- too small- but seems he’s done very well since then.

Son has how long left in the PL, two seasons?

This is what "terrible planning is all about".
Then lets get an actual touchline winger to replace him?

Not a midfielder who sometimes moonlights as an inside forward.

Ask any Palace fan (or just watch Eze constantly cutting inside) and they'll tell you he's not a touchline winger, much more effective centrally. Don't think I've ever seen him take on a right back on the outside.

Is it just the hun connection that puts you off Gilmour? He'd be the perfect metronome for our team. He could hardly fit an Ange system better
Honestly don’t really think of him as a hun. More Chelsea to be honest and I’ve no issue with that either. Just don’t see who he replaces in our midfield. Think he’s found his perfect level at Brighton.

I keep wanting williams here so much with ever a transfer that u know will elevate us this is one perfect son replacement imo 21 years old we got son at 22 I think. 50 mill is not alot it's the wages but we are paying werner 175 to be fair

Back
Top Bottom