Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Olisse £50M to BM!
Yes it is very disappointing. His numbers for last season were way better than any other wingers out there. 10 goals and 6 assists in 19 games. Nico Williams was 5/11 in 31, Xavi Simons 8/11 in 32, Kubo 7/4 in 30, Neto 2/9 in 20 games. We don't even try for him. Supposed to be upgrading our team and we don't try for the best available players. Shame, shame, shame.

Is Ramsey any good ?
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Why the fuck wouod we be in for this guy? That's really bad business If we pay more than 0 for him. Lo Celso is twice the player he'll ever be and we are supposed to be offering him plus 20 million quid? WTF what's going on with Levy? That's worse than paying 60 millions for Richarlison.

Wrong, Ramsey is a good young player with high potential and Lo Celso can never stay fit anyway

Why are they bothering to post this when the uptight Aussie kid has told us he’s not leaving
Most likely the case but you are saying that like it’s a fact.

Are you an ITK?
Just going on what the player, himself, has said. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have him but if he doesn’t want to come what’s the point? I’m more than happy to be proven wrong. I think he’ll end up at Juve

Last edited:
Gallagher is not wanted because of 3 bad games in the Euros, well I game and 2 bitty games.Foden has had 3 bad games so why would we want him.Its stupid to not want a player based on 3 poor games esp with Southgate as manager.
Did Gallagher have a good season with chelsea! Not really average player trying hard.
He is an average mid player.

Yes it is very disappointing. His numbers for last season were way better than any other wingers out there. 10 goals and 6 assists in 19 games. Nico Williams was 5/11 in 31, Xavi Simons 8/11 in 32, Kubo 7/4 in 30, Neto 2/9 in 20 games. We don't even try for him. Supposed to be upgrading our team and we don't try for the best available players. Shame, shame, shame.

I think Neto fit for a season could put up similar numbers to Olise and Kubo is possibly an even more dangerous player in this system with his dribbling but wouldn’t put up the same numbers

Yes. I read it a while back. I think it was his agent saying it. I tried to find the article again but haven’t been able to so far. We were into him when we got Radu but he didn’t want to leave mid season.

Tbh I’ve never seen an actual quote mate.

I agree it’s 90% he goes to Juve but they have just thrown resources and big wages at Douglas Luiz. We might have an opportunity to offer something Juve can’t right now

I think Neto fit for a season could put up similar numbers to Olise and Kubo is possibly an even more dangerous player in this system with his dribbling but wouldn’t put up the same numbers
You are right, Neto is a fantastic player and could do really well in an attacking team. My disappointment is that we didn't even have a crack at Olise.
The only conclusion I can think of is that we are not going to upgrade our wingers this window. Ange has decided that Sonny/Werner will play LW and Johnson and Kulusevski will be on the right.
Maybe if we can sell Richarliason we'll go big on a striker, Gyökeres or Omishen. If Richarliason stays we get David or Gimenez.

C’mon foden was arguably Englands most creative player trying to do things. CG was pushed as a high 8 and was completely lost hardly had any touches. If you want CG at spurs that’s your opinion but he is not what we need.
No where near technical level required for that position. In fact for England foden should have been playing that role. CG was closer to Kane at times than rice.
Taken months and this tournament for people to see what was right in front of them. That CG will not improve Spurs just like he won't make England better. High energy but very limited technically. My god people hated Dele and he had 20 goal seasons in him.

Last edited:
You are right, Neto is a fantastic player and could do really well in an attacking team. My disappointment is that we didn't even have a crack at Olise.
The only conclusion I can think of is that we are not going to upgrade our wingers this window. Ange has decided that Sonny/Werner will play LW and Johnson and Kulusevski will be on the right.
Maybe if we can sell Richarliason we'll go big on a striker, Gyökeres or Omishen. If Richarliason stays we get David or Gimenez.
Not every player choose Spurs over Bayern :cool:

Back
Top Bottom