Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% the wages.

Olise is known to be a BAE type that doesn’t even really like or follow football. His career is enabling him to earn as much money as he can having a good time playing football.

Bayern will pay him more. If we’d offered him the same wedge and he could have stayed in London we could have got him.

I wonder if that type of interest would jibe well with Ange? Have a feeling he wants fully bought in pros and not so much mercenary types.
The question was why we didn't take up the clause. Reports are only those in the CL could enforce it. We could obviously have offered the same or more

View: https://x.com/spursofficial/status/1806251748752761013?s=46&t=uOJKWcVamFb7wX9cr5VKzg

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

If we don't upgrade our wide attacking options we can pretty much write off next season
Ange said end of last season we need to improve in our forward areas. So either he is bs’ing or we are lining up someone else. Having said that getting Timo on another 1 year loan would contradict all of that unless he thinks having him for 12 months rather than 6 is an improvement. Just think getting his loan extended so quickly has boxed us into a corner due to his wages. If we buy someone of quality on similar wages then we can’t justify keeping timo on the bench at his wages. Would have been better getting a more younger player as backup.

One day we will actually sign a player linked from Turkey...

Kadioglu is the one I'd take in a heartbeat.
Real impressed with Yilmaz in the tournament. Looks a good physical fit for a better league. Kinda reminds me of a stronger, quicker Angel Correa. Good chance creator from lw and rw. Doesn't seem to have great g/a numbers in Turkey though. Brighton looking at him apparently.

Ange said end of last season we need to improve in our forward areas. So either he is bs’ing or we are lining up someone else. Having said that getting Timo on another 1 year loan would contradict all of that unless he thinks having him for 12 months rather than 6 is an improvement. Just think getting his loan extended so quickly has boxed us into a corner due to his wages. If we buy someone of quality on similar wages then we can’t justify keeping timo on the bench at his wages. Would have been better getting a more younger player as backup.
Werner's wages are just that though, wages. Say we're paying him around 8m to play for us this year. We're paying Johnson around 4m, Kulusevski 7.5m. And paying a chunk of their transfer fees this year as well. , They'll have resale value obviously, but Werner will give you a decent level of play and it's 8m for the year all in. It's not the end of the world, I think he's a good rotation player to have, his physicality guarantees you a certain level of threat, especially in EL/cups when you switch up the team a bit. Think we should wait and see who else we bring in before slating the move (though some are obviously very down on Werner)

Werner's wages are just that though, wages. Say we're paying him around 8m to play for us this year. We're paying Johnson around 4m, Kulusevski 7.5m. And paying a chunk of their transfer fees this year as well. , They'll have resale value obviously, but Werner will give you a decent level of play and it's 8m for the year all in. It's not the end of the world, I think he's a good rotation player to have, his physicality guarantees you a certain level of threat, especially in EL/cups when you switch up the team a bit. Think we should wait and see who else we bring in before slating the move (though some are obviously very down on Werner)

I'm not down on Werner as much as I am about taking up a place in the squad with Werner and the profile that he is.

We needed a 1v1 winger and #9 that can connect the other forwards and midfield better.

As soon as we signed Werner it was pretty clear to me that we had used one of the forwards we are signing on a player that fills neither of those needs. People might argue that we still sign 2 more forwards this summer but the history of Levynomics argues against that pretty convincingly.

Tell me about Yilmaz. Not as familiar as you.

First of all, I want to talk about his hard work. According to club sources, he constantly does individual training outside of training to improve himself. Physically, he is by far the best winger in the league. He can dribble very easily using his speed and power. This characteristic reminds me of Bale. He may have trouble making decisions at times, but he is strengthening this aspect day by day. Also, it may sound strange, but last season he played in the right wing, left wing, centre forward, left back and right back positions.
You can easily see what I said in this video:

View: https://youtu.be/lDCQEgZSSzY?si=6_uEZ7TP9pqVqMfq

I also recommend you to watch yesterday's Türkiye-Czechia match, especially the second half.

We will defintely sign another attacker or I fully expect Ange to resign. Stop soiling yourself and clean your pants

How are Chelsea not in breach of ffp? They’ve spent over a billion and received no where near that.
The only way they’ve got around it is by offering ridiculously long contracts to players so they can spread the load. That’s a terrible strategy because you can end up stuck with highly paid duds such as Mudryk and Jackson. Serves them right.

First of all, I want to talk about his hard work. According to club sources, he constantly does individual training outside of training to improve himself. Physically, he is by far the best winger in the league. He can dribble very easily using his speed and power. This characteristic reminds me of Bale. He may have trouble making decisions at times, but he is strengthening this aspect day by day. Also, it may sound strange, but last season he played in the right wing, left wing, centre forward, left back and right back positions.
You can easily see what I said in this video:

View: https://youtu.be/lDCQEgZSSzY?si=6_uEZ7TP9pqVqMfq

I also recommend you to watch yesterday's Türkiye-Czechia match, especially the second half.

Looks great in that HLs video.

Like an Angeball Jarred Bown with more 1v1 tricks in the bag. Also Gala need players that can finish those chances. So many sitters missed. What is his pace like? hard to tell in that video.

You think there any chance we'd look at him as an inverted RB option?

How are Chelsea not in breach of ffp? They’ve spent over a billion and received no where near that.
The only way they’ve got around it is by offering ridiculously long contracts to players so they can spread the load. That’s a terrible strategy because you can end up stuck with highly paid duds such as Mudryk and Jackson. Serves them right.

That got outlawed, they can still give long contracts to players but the amortisation period is over 5 years now as opposed to 8.

Suspect that they'll just keep selling academy graduates to get money in and continue to cook the books and deal with the clubs who are near to breaching themselves.

I'm not down on Werner as much as I am about taking up a place in the squad with Werner and the profile that he is.

We needed a 1v1 winger and #9 that can connect the other forwards and midfield better.

As soon as we signed Werner it was pretty clear to me that we had used one of the forwards we are signing on a player that fills neither of those needs. People might argue that we still sign 2 more forwards this summer but the history of Levynomics argues against that pretty convincingly.
I think we'll end up with something like :
LW (Son, Werner), ST (Richarlison , New ST), RW (Kulusevski, Johnson)

And sign some young lad like Nusa or Bakayoko to be a development option on both sides. Maybe a chance we resign Marcus Edwards. Think we're in a bit of a hole with where we've spent our money in attack, Richarlison and Johnson are two signings that limit us imo.

Back
Top Bottom