Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks great in that HLs video.

Like an Angeball Jarred Bown with more 1v1 tricks in the bag. Also Gala need players that can finish those chances. So many sitters missed. What is his pace like? hard to tell in that video.

You think there any chance we'd look at him as an inverted RB option?

When he played in rb or lb, he usually played as an offensive winger rather than an inverted back. I think his best position is right wing. He adds a lot of variety to the attack with his strength, speed and dribbling ability.

View: https://x.com/spursofficial/status/1806251748752761013?s=46&t=uOJKWcVamFb7wX9cr5VKzg

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

That post reads like a parody. All dogs matter ?? Wow hah

I think we'll end up with something like :
LW (Son, Werner), ST (Richarlison , New ST), RW (Kulusevski, Johnson)

And sign some young lad like Nusa or Bakayoko to be a development option on both sides. Maybe a chance we resign Marcus Edwards. Think we're in a bit of a hole with where we've spent our money in attack, Richarlison and Johnson are two signings that limit us imo.

That's what I'm expecting us to end with at this point and exactly why Werner was stupid to me.

Johnson is a similar stye to Son and if we have him, we didn't need another similar player with Werner. Werner was a loan to cover Son during Asiacup. Now he's just in the way and smacks of the easiest and cheapest deal to do.

Hope I'm wrong.

If we did pick up Nusa on top of s striker then I can see some positives there. I'll take that as a light to cling on to but rumours are Palace are very hot on Nusa.

Football london think they dont want to sell though.

“football.london understands that Spurs' interest in Ramsey, who has three years left on his contract at Villa Park, has not dulled at all despite his injury-hit season and the north London club have enquired again about his availability this month with Villa, although suggestions of a formal offer being made at this point have been played down on various sides.

Tottenham would have probed to see whether Ramsey's fragmented campaign loosened Villa's desire to keep him in the face of a tempting offer, particularly with their previous need to get back within the profit and sustainability rules which the sale of Douglas Luiz to Juventus is now expected to remedy.

The current indications are that the Midlands side, who will play Champions League football next season, remain as unlikely to sell Ramsey as they did back in January.”

So Dan KP says we’ll go back in with an improved offer, while Ali G says we still have an interest, but both sides have played down a formal offer being made and it’s unlikely Villa will budge.

Welcome to the fun of the transfer window everyone, it’s finally beginning!

:ange-arms:

I think we'll end up with something like :
LW (Son, Werner), ST (Richarlison , New ST), RW (Kulusevski, Johnson)

And sign some young lad like Nusa or Bakayoko to be a development option on both sides. Maybe a chance we resign Marcus Edwards. Think we're in a bit of a hole with where we've spent our money in attack, Richarlison and Johnson are two signings that limit us imo.
I'd add Kulu to that. We've spent 135m+ on 3 forwards that are all a bit meh and are clogging up the squad.

I think Richy is the most suited to Angeball but he's a bit of a crock now.

How are Chelsea not in breach of ffp? They’ve spent over a billion and received no where near that.
The only way they’ve got around it is by offering ridiculously long contracts to players so they can spread the load. That’s a terrible strategy because you can end up stuck with highly paid duds such as Mudryk and Jackson. Serves them right.
Asks a question then answers it himself

Interesting way to engage on a forum

I like this fella

Zero issues with Ramsey as a link. (I still don't believe we're interested after initial knock back, which I imagine happened before Luiz to Juve was even talked about)

Really good talent - price seems far too high though. Again, MGW seems to be the better deal for the same price.

He's another one though he can play LW/CM much like Eze. So it's obviously something the club is actively looking for when it comes to that position from our wide player. Gudmunssons, Eze, Ramsey, Gibbs-White, Szymanski all linked since Jan, all similar profiles.

Back
Top Bottom