Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to just buy some proper players and stop fucking about tbh.

There is always an excuse why a key area gets left short.

Even last season which people will claim was a successful window or a signal of the club changing, we still left the manager short at CB and guess what? just when optimism was at it's peak, the lack of that 3rd CB Ange was talking about is exactly what contributed to our loss of form.

This summer will be exactly the same with forward players and no doubt Levy will happily pass the buck onto another manager and this fanbase will lap it up then start turning on another manager. Some already started.

There is always an excuse why a key area gets left short.

Even last season which people will claim was a successful window or a signal of the club changing, we still left the manager short at CB and guess what? just when optimism was at it's peak, the lack of that 3rd CB Ange was talking about is exactly what contributed to our loss of form.

This summer will be exactly the same with forward players and no doubt Levy will happily pass the buck onto another manager and this fanbase will lap it up then start turning on another manager. Some already started.
Whilst this is largely true, I do think there is an issue with Ange thinking he can spin silk from snot.

If he's out here saying he gets the final say on incomings, then he will have to hold a fair chunk of responsibility for what does actually come in.

Outgoings still a problem it seems.

Can't get the money we want for Emerson or Spence and they are the only ones with any public interest.

Rodon, Skipp both moving very slowly as well.

I know it's early blah blah blah but this has all the hallmarks of a "we tried" transfer window.
hardly anyone in world football has done any real business? you think that's coincidental?

nothing of note is happening until the euros/Copa is done.

I liked Ramsey when he first broke through at Villa but dont think he's pushed on. We appear to be making the same mistake we made with Richarlison and Johnson, trying to take advantage of a financially struggling club but in reality over paying for a player that doesnt get in our starting 11.

Yep. With young HG players you either have to pick them up before they hit the big time or pay big for an established star. Going for the huge market inbetween is fraught with probably fuck ups.

WLB - SC
"I see wolves have just signed a new rw forward 🥸 happy Thursday peeps"

I assume he's implying that's us getting Neto
and remember...
Salt Bae Steak GIF

Trying to buy from our table rival Villa is stupid. They are not going to to sell to us this summer- we’re competing with them for the last CL spot again this season. I don’t understand why Levy thinks this is going to work with a club in a quite different situation than Everton.

Back
Top Bottom