Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, I'm calling it.

Nothing until after the Euro's/south American tournament are over.

I believe the media claiming teams have to sell before then are making it up based on a barely educated guess. The players are away and won't be bothered about meetings etc nor medicals.

Let's all just chill out and cheer on.....Georgia.
They're way more fun than England.
Fuck learning their names though.
The Georgians.

How are Chelsea not in breach of ffp? They’ve spent over a billion and received no where near that.
The only way they’ve got around it is by offering ridiculously long contracts to players so they can spread the load. That’s a terrible strategy because you can end up stuck with highly paid duds such as Mudryk and Jackson. Serves them right.
Jackson is incredibly talented. If he was in our squad we'd justifiably be hyping him as a player ready to explode. Mudryk is a dud.

I think Ornstein said a couple of days ago that Villa have surpassed their requirement to sell players for PSR now.

Not sure who still needs to sell, maybe Everton if Calvert-Lewin deal has fallen through?

Actually could be right...for this year maybe so they can sell after the deadline but I guess selling academy players still helps them in future windows going forward - If they sell Ramsey this Summer them that gives them more breathing space to spend more this Summer.

Actually could be right...for this year maybe so they can sell after the deadline but I guess selling academy players still helps them in future windows going forward - If they sell Ramsey this Summer them that gives them more breathing space to spend more this Summer.

They just sold an academy player for 20m.

Outgoings still a problem it seems.

Can't get the money we want for Emerson or Spence and they are the only ones with any public interest.

Rodon, Skipp both moving very slowly as well.

I know it's early blah blah blah but this has all the hallmarks of a "we tried" transfer window.

Can't get the money we want for Emerson or Spence and they are the only ones with any public interest.

I know it's early blah blah blah but this has all the hallmarks of a "we tried" transfer window.
We won’t get any money - if we are relying on sales to fund transfers, we will are fucked. Emerson will go for 10, Rodon 20m, others will be loaned or a few M max

Which is why it's pointless doing a season prediction until the inevitable summer-shitshow is over.

Back
Top Bottom