Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are right, Neto is a fantastic player and could do really well in an attacking team. My disappointment is that we didn't even have a crack at Olise.
The only conclusion I can think of is that we are not going to upgrade our wingers this window. Ange has decided that Sonny/Werner will play LW and Johnson and Kulusevski will be on the right.
Maybe if we can sell Richarliason we'll go big on a striker, Gyökeres or Omishen. If Richarliason stays we get David or Gimenez.

Yeah i think I might have said it before 😂 but the Werner signing left me with the same thought about not upgrading our wide options. Still have a fools hope though.

I’d prefer 3 signings to 4 if those 3 were something like:

Neto/Kubo
Eze
Calafiori

Instead of:

David
Eze
Gallagher
Geertruida

For example

Not in the CL and I would guess wages.

100% the wages.

Olise is known to be a BAE type that doesn’t even really like or follow football. His career is enabling him to earn as much money as he can having a good time playing football.

Bayern will pay him more. If we’d offered him the same wedge and he could have stayed in London we could have got him.

I wonder if that type of interest would jibe well with Ange? Have a feeling he wants fully bought in pros and not so much mercenary types.

Yeah i think I might have said it before 😂 but the Werner signing left me with the same thought about not upgrading our wide options. Still have a fools hope though.

I’d prefer 3 signings to 4 if those 3 were something like:

Neto/Kubo
Eze
Calafiori

Instead of:

David
Eze
Gallagher
Geertruida

For example
If we don't upgrade our wide attacking options we can pretty much write off next season

If we don't upgrade our wide attacking options we can pretty much write off next season
Disagree.
We need a decent striker first.
Then I reckon we need another RB, DM & AM

We need to address our ability to play against teams that slow us down. Not all teams do it with a low block, Newcastle did it by pressing and then standing off our wide players and not allowing themselves to get beat by pace alone.

What we need is guile and technical ability. We could use both of those things at #9 AND out wide.

Out wide we need players that can beat a defender 1v1 even when they are standing off them. More than that we need a wide player that can beat a defender in either direction when they are standing off them.

We also need players out wide and in the middle that have the technical ability to play 1-2's and link up with their team mates in tight spaces. Maddison and Udogie are the only 2 that I saw do this consistently last year. Sarr and Porro in flashes, Son was able to play 1v1 at times when he wasn't knackered.

Taken months and this tournament for people to see what was right in front of them. That CG will not improve Spurs just like he won't make England better. High energy but very limited technically. My god people hated Dele and he had 20 goal seasons in him.
Oh for a prime Dele right now- for Spurs and England. The lad was lightning in a bottle until his troubles surfaced.
I just hope he can be happy and enjoy the rest of his career at a reasonable level, followed by a healthy retirement.

OK, I'm calling it.

Nothing until after the Euro's/south American tournament are over.

I believe the media claiming teams have to sell before then are making it up based on a barely educated guess. The players are away and won't be bothered about meetings etc nor medicals.

Let's all just chill out and cheer on.....Georgia.
They're way more fun than England.
Fuck learning their names though.

We need to address our ability to play against teams that slow us down. Not all teams do it with a low block, Newcastle did it by pressing and then standing off our wide players and not allowing themselves to get beat by pace alone.

What we need is guile and technical ability. We could use both of those things at #9 AND out wide.

Out wide we need players that can beat a defender 1v1 even when they are standing off them. More than that we need a wide player that can beat a defender in either direction when they are standing off them.

We also need players out wide and in the middle that have the technical ability to play 1-2's and link up with their team mates in tight spaces. Maddison and Udogie are the only 2 that I saw do this consistently last year. Sarr and Porro in flashes, Son was able to play 1v1 at times when he wasn't knackered.
We slow us down. There were literally hundreds of times over the season where there was acres of space to attack at pace and we just passed it around mindlessly allowing the opposition to reset.

We slow us down. There were literally hundreds of times over the season where there was acres of space to attack at pace and we just passed it around mindlessly allowing the opposition to reset.

Yeah at times we did. We had players like Son and Johnson that should be lethal in transitions but seemed to make the wrong decision way too often. It did happen at times so we know they are capable and they were being told to try and be a transition team, the Johnson winner against Brentford for example.. bu they fucked it up just as often.

Safe to say the pieces for the puzzle aren't in place yet.

Back
Top Bottom