Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes it is very disappointing. His numbers for last season were way better than any other wingers out there. 10 goals and 6 assists in 19 games. Nico Williams was 5/11 in 31, Xavi Simons 8/11 in 32, Kubo 7/4 in 30, Neto 2/9 in 20 games. We don't even try for him. Supposed to be upgrading our team and we don't try for the best available players. Shame, shame, shame.
How do you know we “didn’t try”?

Eze and Gray would be the type of signings UTD used to make during the Fergie era.

Get David as the other forward and that’s 3 signings I can get behind.

GLC and Skipp in the mix and the big outlay is only really going on Eze.
Gray, Bergvall, Eze, Werner, David...that ain't helping us bridge a 20pt gap to City & Woolwich imho.

And that sure ain't a window a club as wealthy as ours should have after claiming they're serious about competing.

Might be good enough - just about- to win the Europa League or Carabaobab Cup. But that's it.

Eze and Gray would be the type of signings UTD used to make during the Fergie era.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Gray, Bergvall, Eze, Werner, David...that ain't helping us bridge a 20pt gap to City & Woolwich imho.

And that sure ain't a window a club as wealthy as ours should have after claiming they're serious about competing.

Might be good enough - just about- to win the Europa League or Carabaobab Cup. But that's it.

Usually see things similarly to you on most things but Eze is the exact type of talent that City love to hoover up.

Gray and Bergvall are players that we sign now or they are way out of our bracket. Both of them fully capable of having Dele like break through seasons.

David is the one where I get what you mean. I’d still prefer we went Openda or even that Marmoush guy you are excited about but there is something in David’s profile and age that might end up being what we need.

A season of champo ball- competitive ball his level- would be good for him. Parrott was on a relegation battling squad all season and has come out the better for it.

Playing for a shit team in a league dominated with teams who play dogshit football is not beneficial to anyone though.

Parrotts Championship loans held him back a year or two because the clubs were so fucking shit. As I suggested with Donley, if no good playing team wants him, send him on loan abroad. There will be clubs in Holland that'd want a player like that. A team that preaches football, not let's sit back and hope to survive.

You've got to get these loans right. Can't just send players out just to get minutes.

Why are we talking about closing the gap on City?

What top talent are we attracting without Champs league and an unproven manager ?

Winning Europa would be a n outstanding season. Sign me up right now.

Playing for a shit team in a league dominated with teams who play dogshit football is not beneficial to anyone though.

Parrotts Championship loans held him back a year or two because the clubs were so fucking shit. As I suggested with Donley, if no good playing team wants him, send him on loan abroad. There will be clubs in Holland that'd want a player like that. A team that preaches football, not let's sit back and hope to survive.

You've got to get these loans right. Can't just send players out just to get minutes.

Tough loans can build character though

Devine went to Port Vale, got mixed up in a battle then went to Plymouth and had to fight for it again.

Devine is an interesting one though. His next loan can’t be a character builder, it’s got to be one where he’s got a chance to really step up and show what he can do.

Whilst this is largely true, I do think there is an issue with Ange thinking he can spin silk from snot.

If he's out here saying he gets the final say on incomings, then he will have to hold a fair chunk of responsibility for what does actually come in.
Ange might have the final choice but I'm sure these cheap options wouldn't be 1st, 2nd or 3rd choices. If you need a striker and a winger but only get 40 million to spend you can only buy the snot as you call them and have to try and turn those players into silk. I'm sure Ange would love 3 or 4 high class players, but the reality is the club only gives him the funds for one.

Back
Top Bottom