Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the 'Ethos of the Club" then
Doing it on the cheap?
Profit before Trophies?
Buy low sell high?
"Dissapoint your loyal fans as much as you can, in every way possible!"

But in latin of course!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

After BJ, I'm not sure I trust his judgement.

£50M

*don't give me any 'muh GA' hocus-pocus, he's rubbish
You're entitled to like or dislike whoever you want. But you have to remember Johnson came in late, had no pre-season with the team, had to learn Ange's system of play on the fly and still posted good numbers. I know some people like their wingers to be skilful and be able to dribble past a couple of defenders like Doku or Nico Williams but at the end of the season their numbers are similar to BJs. I think Johnson will have a big season.

If that is genuinely what you believe is the Ethos of Levy and ENIC despite the 20 plus years of evidence that has borne out before us all, then you truly are lost my friend.
This is why ENIC get away with being the only big six club who don't deliver.
When you have fans who, are just content with, a bit of attacking football and, developing younger players and selling them on, then you are not going to be in the queue for prizes.
Unfortunately there are many like that who, are not really interested in seeing a successful club and, defend levy to the hilt , it's sad and strange in equal measure.

If that is genuinely what you believe is the Ethos of Levy and ENIC despite the 20 plus years of evidence that has borne out before us all, then you truly are lost my friend.

I don't get why that is so controversial, for the most part since ENIC have been at the helm that has happened unless for the vast majority of the time we haven't had attacking coaches and we've bought ready made stars?

Be interesting to know what you think the ethos of the club is...

Last edited:
When you have fans who, are just content with, a bit of attacking football and, developing younger players and selling them on, then you are not going to be in the queue for prizes.
Unfortunately there are many like that who, are not really interested in seeing a successful club and, defend levy to the hilt , it's sad and strange in equal measure.

Your reading compression and general lack of understanding about context is as per usual utterly abysmal, nowhere did I say that I am 'content' with just attacking football and developing younger players or not being successful, Christ what a desperate takeaway from such a basic post, what are we even doing here? lmao

Would be an awful loan tbh.
Keep him and let him develop with us as we know we will buy bang average players instead. Just give the kids who have potential a start. Keep saying it buy 3 top quality players, promote some youngsters for Europa / League cup and subs in PL and get a couple of unknown hidden gems or players who come on the market which are great deals.

Dortmund looking to sell Adeyemi for about 25 million and United wanting about 40 million for Sancho.

I'd buy them. Pity we paying such a hefty salary fee for Timo Werner.
There's a "reason" if Adeyemi is for sale already at that price. He arrived at Dortmund with lots of hype and he cost them €38m (in 2022), and only 2 years later, at the age of 22, his fee went down. There's some "smoke" right there. His "attitude" was already questioned while he was at Bayern (from 2010-12). But he's the type of player Spurs need though: fast, technical, left-footed, can play as WLF, WRF & CF.

Sancho seem to have the same attitude problem that Spence has: although both are "nice" they seem to lack discipline and often shows up late for practice, etc.

There's a "reason" if Adeyemi is for sale already at that price. He arrived at Dortmund with lots of hype and he cost them €38m (in 2022), and only 2 years later, at the age of 22, his fee went down. There's some "smoke" right there. His "attitude" was already questioned while he was at Bayern (from 2010-12). But he's the type of player Spurs need though: fast, technical, left-footed, can play as WLF, WRF & CF.

Sancho seem to have the same attitude problem that Spence has: although both are "nice" they seem to lack discipline and often shows up late for practice, etc.
Adeyemi is Werner on steroids from what I've seen. More explosive but if anything less reliable infront of goal

Some will never understand. Good luck trying to make them understand. Levy Lovers make a point of trying to justify why Huge Real Estate Builds will ultimately Build a Better team. They also try to justify all Levy's punt Transfers. Even though the record shows how much we've spent on players, potentially the next Lionel Messi, that end up just being Messy (Ndombele, Gil, Spence....). We don't have die hard Football Fans anymore. We have Accountants that drool at the thought of being the 8th richest club in the world with not one trophy to show in..... Forever. And they still try to justify it.

It's Amazing that these idiot Football Fans take their hard earned cash and donate it to building a Real Estate Empire.

No to Adeyemi and Sancho.
Sancho is too far gone with his terrible attitude issues. People keep praising his 2nd half of the season at Dortmund but he was really inconsistent and overall mediocre barring a few games. He only had 5 g/a in total. Might have taken him instead of Timo but not the both of them.

Adeyemi is just not good enough. He's got explosive pace for sure but his end product is terrible. For reference, Brennan Johnson has the same number of goal involvements for us this season that Adeyemi has had for Dortmund over the past two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom