Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon was brilliant in the Championship. We bought him after he’d had 1 very average year in the Premiership.

The thing is we bought Sess in that window of 2019, all of those signings flopped. It's no coincidence that since we changed the culture of the club and went from Poch to Jose therefore changing styles then the players bought in would suffer and that's what probably happened.

Sign players like Sess and Jack Clarke now for example they'd have a much better chance of progressing and nurturing at this club because we are now youth focused, we have a manager and staff that will take care of them and have more patience with them.

Eze is a much better number 10 than he is a winger. We already have a good 10. Unless he or Maddison could play as an 8 I don't think we'd try for him and I don't think he would come here to play out of his best position.
what happens when Maddison gets injured? we have enough games this season to accommodate both Maddison and Eze

Skipp and Phillips on loan, with Rodon going to Ipswich is perfect to me.
I would send them Skipp on a permanent tbh and pay less than 30m. Skipp is "pure profit" as they like to say and we could pay 25m for a player like Gray that solves 2 key areas for us.

Leeds would be a great loan for Phillips as well. Why not Donley or Devine as well?

Then like you said, Rodon to Leicester or Ipswich for 15m, good start to the window.

If we pay £40m for him I can already picture a few people’s reaction when he doesn’t set the world on fire next season

He won't have any pressure to start the season on fire but there is already too much football in him to be bad. Think it would be worse if he has a great start and people want to expect that level every week from an 18 year old.

Eze is a much better number 10 than he is a winger. We already have a good 10. Unless he or Maddison could play as an 8 I don't think we'd try for him and I don't think he would come here to play out of his best position.

Maddison needs a credible contender for his spot, he was cack last season outside of the first 10 games and he's physically fragile. We have Europe to deal with now and we can't rely on Maddison alone as our creator.

Can't ever see Phillips playing for us to be honest.

Really? why?

Kid is 19 and had a very promising loan last year. If it's not Leeds on loan this year, it's most likely a prem club. Most people that watched him last year said he looks like a future England international. I think he can still end up CT as well.

He's incredibly young for a CB so there will still be mistakes but that is what the loan system is for.

I know that sounds great for us to have that depth. But do you really think that Eze really wants to share game time and play out of position when he could play a full game at number 10 at any other club.
I don't know I'm not Eze but, we need depth. We cannot start the season with one creative midfielder. Maddison will not last the season without injury. Eze challenges Maddison for the starting spot too.

The thing is we bought Sess in that window of 2019, all of those signings flopped. It's no coincidence that since we changed the culture of the club and went from Poch to Jose therefore changing styles then the players bought in would suffer and that's what probably happened.

Sign players like Sess and Jack Clarke now for example they'd have a much better chance of progressing and nurturing at this club because we are now youth focused, we have a manager and staff that will take care of them and have more patience with them.
Sess was just never technically good enough. A very basic player who had one great season scoring tap ins as a LW in the Championship. Obviously didn't help that he was made of paper.

He along with Ndombele is a damning indictment of the state our scouting was in at the time, for different reasons.

I think it was just bad luck with Gio tbh. He's a good player but could just never get going with us. Been a mainstay for the best team in the world (Argentina) this whole time and tended to make a positive impact on the rare occasion he did get on the pitch for us.

Back
Top Bottom