Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

Donley, Devine and Lankshear are all 19 and despite being highly rated still considered nowhere near ready for the first team. It Gray and Bergvall go straight into first team contention ahead of them at 17/18 then I wonder how highly or club rate our youth.
I think it highlights that if you are a top young player you shouldn't play under 21s. Go to a League 1 or a Championship team and play against men each week. Develop your game and get exposure. Moore and Hall are ahead those other lads now.

I'll bang this drum again, Nico Williams. I think he'd elevate our frontline more than any striker would, though I admit I've not really seen much of Gyokeres.

Put Williams on the left, and he'll feed Son, Richarlison and Johnson all day long. IMO, we get more goals with him, than we do with a top striker but lesser winger.
I'd prefer to sign Jack Grealish! He'd have a field day and move Sonny to striker. At 28 Grealish might be a bit old for Ange to sign tho.

Gray, Bergvall, Bentancur & Sarr... pretty good looking midfield options right there
Gray and Bergvall are two 18 year olds who have one season’s experience at Championship level between them.

I don’t see them as a serious option for an EPL 6/8 ( IF we sign Gray) until 25/26/27?

To expect them to come in and replace Bissouma/ Bentancur in the short term isn’t realistic. If they stay with the club then I’d think Cup games and bench minutes…..

Gray and Bergvall are two 18 year olds who have one season’s experience at Championship level between them.

I don’t see them as a serious option for an EPL 6/8 ( IF we sign Gray) until 25/26/27?

To expect them to come in and replace Bissouma/ Bentancur in the short term isn’t realistic. If they stay with the club then I’d think Cup games and bench minutes…..
They could get minutes in Europa, but yeah people are probably getting a bit ahead of themselves. Even if they are ready, clubs have hierarchies, look at how much time it took Sarr to break through.

Wow... that's a big call. Gray straight into the starting team ahead of Bissouma. Not sure about that one.
Why? Bissouma has been shite for the vast majority of his time here and is reportedly up for sale. His place in the line up definitely isn't assured and even if Gray doesn't nail a starting spot I wouldn't be surprised if Bentancur is ahead of Bissouma in the #6 next season.

In any case, if Gray is used in midfield I don't think it'll be as a solo #6, at least not initially - too much responsbility for an 18 year old to take on. More likely it'll be in the #8 or playing in a double pivot with Bentancur, or sometimes as a utility fullback when one of Porro or Udogie is out injured. But I could absolutely see him competing with Sarr for that B2B spot in midfield straight away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom