Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it's not like Solomon didn't look useful...... Everybody's been banging on about a winger who can beat a man 1 v 1 recently..... He can...... And if he get's the chance, he's got a few goals in his locker too.
His goalscoring record is a bit inconsistent, but his dribbling is good, fair point.

One reason for my hesitance with him is the very fact that Ange brought in Werner is an indication that he doesn't rate either Gil or Solomon that much. Or am I overanalysing?

They're "not perfect" because of their poor injury records; especially Olise.
Tbf their injury records are as bad as each other and for that reason I wouldn't go anywhere near them without a stethoscope or MRI scanner... the 'perfect' refers to their type of player and how they might fit into our set up.

If I had a pound for every time either name is mentioned as a 'must get' player in these threads it would be enough to secure their purchases and provide private medical insurance.

What I'm saying is even if there were no injury concerns and the players were up for sale our club (just like Saha) would not pay or come near the asking price.

First choice attack:
Son Richarlision (New RW)

Reserve-attack:
Werner (New CF) Johnson

Unless they impress in the next months:
Loan out Solomon, Veliz, Scarlett
Sell Gil, Kulusevski

You don't see Son playing any minutes at CF?

Solomon I think we can keep as a 7th attacker. If we get Europe injuries can happen and you need players that can sub on either wing.

Werner has shown promise but it's still to early for me to judge if we keep him. I feel like we need a game changer in the attacking positions and probably the succession plan for Son. That is not Werner for me from I've seen so far.

As it stands, I'd be looking for a shit hot 21/22 year old LWF that doesn't need to start every week yet but is pushing Sonny for starts and does start when Son plays CF.

His goalscoring record is a bit inconsistent, but his dribbling is good, fair point.

One reason for my hesitance with him is the very fact that Ange brought in Werner is an indication that he doesn't rate either Gil or Solomon that much. Or am I overanalysing?

In the case of Solomon; I'd say so.....

1. Werner's on loan.
2. Perisic is gone (so theoretically even if Werner is made perm then that's your 1 in 1 out right there).
3. The injury to Solomon + Son in Asia (and Perisic being gone) meant we at least needed cover in the short term.
4. Gil 99% likely to be closer to the outdoor than Solomon (allegedly already tried to punt Gil this past Jan).

I mean, given the circumstances around Solomon's purchase; his free price-tag could have meant we could have flipped him quick if it wasn't working out; but the injury screwed that..... At the very worst he deserves til next Jan now; where he'd have had another pre-season + a bunch of extra European games to endear himself to Big Ange.

Tbf their injury records are as bad as each other and for that reason I wouldn't go anywhere near them without a stethoscope or MRI scanner... the 'perfect' refers to their type of player and how they might fit into our set up.

If I had a pound for every time either name is mentioned as a 'must get' player in these threads it would be enough to secure their purchases and provide private medical insurance.

What I'm saying is even if there were no injury concerns and the players were up for sale our club (just like Saha) would not pay or come near the asking price.

I hear you.... Both are a nice mix of quality and the respective abilities that we need more of, combined with good EPL pedigree that could have been scored for less than insane money.......

That's pretty niche the way the land lies in the league atm.

We won't get to buy the equivalent of Maddison for 40m every summer.

Last edited:

He might have some concerns around Gil, but as for Solomon it's probably more around the uncertainty of his return, and when he does he won't have played any minutes for a few months.

It's been a while, but I do recall him looking quite positive going forward.

He might have some concerns around Gil, but as for Solomon it's probably more around the uncertainty of his return, and when he does he won't have played any minutes for a few months.

It's been a while, but I do recall him looking quite positive going forward.

Yeh by the time he gets back, he won't get much game-time to build match-sharpness and then show and prove.

....Guessing his set-back means March at the earliest now.

Post-surgery Richarlison has scored 9 in his last 8 games yet we’ve got people wanting to ship him out in the summer?

Some people in this fanbase do my fucking nut in.

Back
Top Bottom