Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Protesting at a game is the only meaningful traction this can get.

No social media campaign is going to work.

THST and the FAN advisory Board are just mouthpieces, often nothing will come out of it but they've got be seen as doing something to try and change things.
I agree but the Trust (any Trust) need to be as pro-active as possible, and not just reactive. I don't think it has been a major surprise that ticket prices have increased - all I am saying is that this could and should have been addressed last season.

Now, Levy may back down but I would be very surprised if that happened as he will claim that the season's budget has been planned and reducing ticket costs will have a negative impact on the club's planning for the season. Or something like that.

Protesting at a game is the only meaningful traction this can get.

No social media campaign is going to work.

THST and the FAN advisory Board are just mouthpieces, often nothing will come out of it but they've got be seen as doing something to try and change things.
Protesting outside of a game on matchday is pointless. The protest will get swallowed up in the regular match day events unless it turns violent.

And all you do if you protest outside of the stadium outside of matchdays is annoy the people working in the club shop.

They need to target the training ground where Levy has his office.

So we plan to protest at the sold-out Man U game... is it just me that sees the irony in this?

I'm all for the Trust doing what they can but this should have been addressed properly towards the end of last season.

Not turning up for games doesn’t work. We have a huge fanbase plus tourists so you might get some empty seats but nothing to worry about.

Protest in the game is the only way the message really gets heard.

I thought Levy’s office was in Lillywhite House?
If I understood the Amazon series he has his main office at the training centre. He's there every day.

He probably has a office in Lillywhite House as well. But he operates out of the training ground. As did Paratici and I assume the head scouts and such.

If I understood the Amazon series he has his main office at the training centre. He's there every day.

He probably has an office in Lillywhite House as well. But he operates out of the training ground. As did Paratici and I assume the head scouts and such.
Fair enough. I just recall Charlie Eccleshare saying last season that Levy hadn’t been at the training ground in months. That was when Paratici was with us mind you, so may have been different before and after that.

I'll go to the protest.

Interested to know how many other clubs in the football league have increased prices or restructured their ticketing categories.
Spurs , Chelsea and a third club who I can't remember have frozen ST prices but I think virtually every other PL club have increased matchday prices and ST's, including Fulham and their owner Shahid is richer than Joe Lewis who is no longer our owner, well so they say.

Refloating the idea.

23 minutes into the United game. Everyone there get up and walk out of the stadium seating areas. Stay out till 25 minutes. When walking back in, slow clapping would be a bonus…

Round upon round of Daniel Levy get out of our club would be welcomed too in and around this gesture.

This will be on national TV. It will get highlighted to all the clubs sponsors. It will give Levy no hiding place. Build the pressure on him.

The idea will at least test the appetite of the 43,000 claimed season ticket holders.

Refloating the idea.

23 minutes into the United game. Everyone there get up and walk out of the stadium seating areas. Stay out till 25 minutes. When walking back in, slow clapping would be a bonus…

Round upon round of Daniel Levy get out of our club would be welcomed too in and around this gesture.

This will be on national TV. It will get highlighted to all the clubs sponsors. It will give Levy no hiding place. Build the pressure on him.

The idea will at least test the appetite of the 43,000 claimed season ticket holders.
Would really gee up the players I imagine...:disdain:

Why would a ST holder who has paid to sit in their seat, opt to get out of it during a game (other than to go for a piss)?

Protesting outside of a game on matchday is pointless. The protest will get swallowed up in the regular match day events unless it turns violent.

And all you do if you protest outside of the stadium outside of matchdays is annoy the people working in the club shop.

1. TV cameras & crews will be in the area; as will journos and bloggers
2. Film & photograph your protests (inside and outside the ground) and then try and send them viral

They need to target the training ground where Levy has his office.

Much lower profile........... (see above #1)

Also; I doubt it'd make the blindest bit of difference whether Levy sees a protest himself or not. Besides; Levy may or may not even be in the office on your chosen day.

So we plan to protest at the sold-out Man U game... is it just me that sees the irony in this?

I'm all for the Trust doing what they can but this should have been addressed properly towards the end of last season.
Tbf, it's the best time.

TV coverage, full house, most ST holders in their seats rather than selling them on.

Oh and....None of those fans can say they live to far away to attend.

Not turning up for games doesn’t work. We have a huge fanbase plus tourists so you might get some empty seats but nothing to worry about.

Protest in the game is the only way the message really gets heard.
ST holders should not sell on their tickets for one game.

Loads of empty seats will be headline news.

Refloating the idea.

Why use the term "claimed" what if we are on top running riot 3 goals up do you think the crowd gets up then in a solem walkout. It's a bonkers idea.

Why use the term "claimed" what if we are on top running riot 3 goals up do you think the crowd gets up then in a solem walkout. It's a bonkers idea.
Don’t the club claim to have 43,000 ST holders ? Sorry if I got the number wrong. But that’s what I had in my mind.

Surely the score is irrelevant if the balance of the crowd actually do want to do something ?

One result a season don’t make.

1. TV cameras & crews will be in the area; as will journos and bloggers
2. Film & photograph your protests (inside and outside the ground) and then try and send them viral

Much lower profile........... (see above #1)

Also; I doubt it'd make the blindest bit of difference whether Levy sees a protest himself or not. Besides; Levy may or may not even be in the office on your chosen day.
If we protest outside of the stadium it will be done and forgotten by the next game. Stadium protests very rarely work. They are more or less pointless.

The protests that do work are concerted efforts aimed at the training grounds. Where you disrupt the daily business. There's a reason that fan groups that feel ignored and want their voices heard target their respective training centers. It hits closer to home for the club.

It also needs to be more than just a one and done thing. It needs to be treated like a strike.

Get some Just Stop Levy T-Shirts made.

And on 15 mins (number of years since our last trophy) we invade the pitch and cable tie ourselves to the goalposts.

If that doesn't work we stake cretinousgoat cretinousgoat out on the centre circle in his mankini and refuse to release him until ENIC sell up.

Back
Top Bottom