Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't think he would look this poor infront of goal but i did have concerns he would suffer from burn out when he was picked for the England under 21's in the summer. He needs to be rested to be honest but sadly we don't have a back up striker (which was a mental decision tbh).
4th is still very much on in my opinion providing we stay close to the pack come January AND sign a striker in the next transfer window. What are the chances of both those things happening? i would say the first is likely and the second is unlikely.
I think both are likely tbh, even if Kane turns this around they will absolutely have to get another striker in surely. I bloody hope so anyway, and I hope Sons foot injury doesn't turn into a long term niggle as well-we really missed his input sunday:-/

As will we. Young team, new players. It takes time and we look rather good right now so hopefully we can get even better.

Yes maybe we will but it's not going to stop us being hamstrung for every time Kane is off colour or missing and when Dier is out for suspension, injury or being absolutely nackered.

Who could forsee Kane being so poor in front of goal as well?

Yeah, all those fans on a forum who thought signing a back up striker was pretty important.....what were they thinking.

Out of form, injured, whatever. He has no cover...people on here called it months ago. The club fucked up, and a huge number of fans patted them on the back for it.

No one could have predicted Chelsea's fall from grace this season or in fact that every team that are in with a shout of the top four seems more than capable of dropping points even at home. It's like no one really wants to win the league.

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

There were people screaming til they were blue in the face about how pathetic it was to start the season so unprepared, dropping early points and not signing cover up top and a DM...

We all know the response those people got:
Fuck off and support City then
Yeah yeah IF Kane/Dier gets injured....thats just an assumption
Chadli can play striker its fine
Toby can play DM its fine

No, actually its not fine. Because as you can all now see, top 4 would be a very realistic shout, could we rest Kane and replace him with another decent striker. Or if we could play against Liverpool without having to revert to an unfit Bentaleb and Mason in the middle.....oh yeah I forgot, Carroll and Winks are fucking mustard.

Last edited:
Fuck me that Clint fella from that article sounds like the biggest twat in the world. No footballing intelligence? Is he mad? Last season Harry demonstrated footballing intelligence in spades - almost as if it was his best attribute.

If he can't get behind a real success story like Kane and support the kid through and through then who the fuck can he get behind. I bet he doesn't even rate Hugo the fucking nonce.

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

There were people screaming til they were blue in the face about how pathetic it was to start the season so unprepared, dropping early points and not signing cover up top and a DM...

We all know the response those people got:
Fuck off and support City then
Yeah yeah IF Kane/Dier gets injured....thats just an assumption
Chadli can play striker its fine
Toby can play DM its fine

No, actually its not fine. Because as you can all now see, top 4 would be a very realistic shout, could we rest Kane and replace him with another decent striker. Or if we could play against Liverpool without having to revert to an unfit Bentaleb and Mason in the middle.....oh yeah I forgot, Carroll and Winks are fucking mustard.
Bore, bore, bore, bore, fucking borefest.
SammySpurious

Bore, bore, bore, bore, fucking borefest.
SammySpurious

Why are you not telling me how wrong I am anymore with a 2000 word essay of how our squad is so good and everything will be great with the kids and how we dont need cover for Kane and Dier.....?

Penny's dropping all over the gaff, mind your heads

No one could have predicted Chelsea's fall from grace this season or in fact that every team that are in with a shout of the top four seems more than capable of dropping points even at home. It's like no one really wants to win the league.

I think that's why people's expectations have changed with regard to where we can potentially finish this year. We don't look consistently convincing, but neither does anyone else.

Still more consistent than we have been for a while though, especially at the back.

Chelsea and Grace in the same sentence?

It wasn't supposed to be, just an observation as to why peoples expectations of where we can finish may have changed.

And Im simply observing that its a bit rich that people who argued so fanatically that we had zero chance of 4th 6wks ago are now doing u-turns.

Do they now agree with the people they were slagging off as Chelsea fans in the summer I wonder...

And Im simply observing that its a bit rich that people who argued so fanatically that we had zero chance of 4th 6wks ago are now doing u-turns.

Do they now agree with the people they were slagging off as Chelsea fans in the summer I wonder...

Please Sammy, i can't ask you any more politely. I'm not interested. Plenty of other people to argue with.

Kane is struggling for form and Dier's out for Liverpool game, but didn't we get a second striker and new CDM that was a priority in June? Oh shit, never mind, not like it makes any difference to top 4 chances unless we spend a £gazillion and do a Leeds.

No one is forcing you to reply. If you dont want to respond, dont.

Pleeeeease....pleeeease dont make me type

:llorishuh:

latest

Kane is struggling for form and Dier's out for Liverpool game, but didn't we get a second striker and new CDM that was a priority in June? Oh shit, never mind, not like it makes any difference to top 4 chances unless we spend a £gazillion and do a Leeds.
its only been what? around 2months gone of the season & its already effecting us negatively.

hopefully levy will see the light in january!

Back
Top Bottom