Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I looked mate "all he was known to be lazy" hindsight is just that retrofitting the past. It amounts to one article and a quote. That can't really be stood up. He was a hugely regarded talent that lots of top sides wanted. You can find way more disparaging quotes about players as brilliant and KDB and Mo Salah. If one genius being down about a given young player was the red flag some make out you wouldn't sign anyone. Thankfully this crap is no longer our problem.

Sorry but that is plain bullshit from you.
As soon as the links got concrete, there was certified quotes from his former coach if not from multiple coaches who put his determination under question. I think it was also listed as reason why he was dropped from previous club.

There were neve-ever-ever anything even close to such legit quotes about players like van de Ven, Vicario, Udogie or basically anyone at all, that would have been brought up.

So red flags were there BEFORE day one and it cannot be even argued. Go back to beginning of the same thread. I remember this summer well and I had little bit of suspicion about him. As I did with Aurier when he was signed. And really no others. Both turned out to be flops, though Ndombelly McFatFuck much more so.

The suggestions he's all about the money are completely wrong.

If he had actually been all about the money we might have actually got something out of him. His lack.of effort has probably cost him in the tens of millions. If anything it seems he didn't care enough about those millions to actually put the effort in and instead preferred to be lazy and get a few million.

Woeful signing and hopefully means we will never take on someone with a questionable attitude.

I get what you say and in that sense I agree - that if he would have wanted to max out his potential earnings he would have done things differently.

But you are disregarding difference between short-termism and long-termism.
Guy is absolute fucking pussy and he did minimal amount of work for maximum outcome. He could have earned more but that would have required him also do do A LOT MORE. He grabbed what he could (and which also is enough to secure him and his family for life) and just ... well I can't say ran with it, cause running is too difficult... but just sat with it really :D .

Soviet-Ndombele.jpg
That's a new one for the wank bank

Ta

On the missing list 1st half v City, bit better 2nd half. Early days.
TBH I was expecting a bit more because supposedly it was his display v City last season that earned him this transfer.
My first post in this thread.
I wasn't even expecting this bloke to be sensational.
My last post about this waster.

I just read this creature became league winner in Italy and Tukey. Is there any player who left Spurs and didn't win a trophy ffs!
I know Kane hasn't won't yet but it's matter of time.

Needs to stay open so if he wins the Cypriot second division next season, some wag can use the “even Tanguy wins trophies” line to have a pop at the club they claim to support.

Yeah true. Plenty of that weird brand of supporter on here. Rather them on any bad day however than Ndombele. Simply and by a .margin the worst ever signing we should (in hindsight) never have made.

Ndombele is to professionalim as the weather at present in relation to summer.

A fcuking fallacy and blank cheque.

I sincerely doubt he'll have walked for anything less than the full 10m..........

If he can get another club to pay him lets say £80k pw with a contract for say 3 years he is still better off taking £5m to walk.

If he doesn't want to compromise, then Spurs simply don't terminate the contract but pay him monthly as per contract but don't play him ....... and that means his chances of playing again at a good level will have gone if he's not played for a year.

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

I sincerely doubt he'll have walked for anything less than the full 10m..........

The ironic thing is that whenever I got to have the privilege of watching him play : I was always struck by how much walking he got through during a game .

Even when he got hooked ..

his departure from the pitch in the game against Morcambe …

And now it seems he doesn’t walk anywhere without some vast amount of money being handed over to him up front.

The man will never cease to confound and surprise me ….

Last edited:
If he can get another club to pay him lets say £80k pw with a contract for say 3 years he is still better off taking £5m to walk.

If he doesn't want to compromise, then Spurs simply don't terminate the contract but pay him monthly as per contract but don't play him ....... and that means his chances of playing again at a good level will have gone if he's not played for a year.
Didn't think he had played for at least 3 -4 years

Didn't think he had played for at least 3 -4 years

Waddled round the pitch on all his loans !

I think my basic point is that the club has to have decided it was better off (ie paying less) by doing a deal to terminate his contract whilst player thinking he's no worse off (ie compensation from Spurs plus new contract at different club and being paid less is better than last £10m on his contract - even if he gets the cash over a couple of years). Otherwise no incentive for club or player to talk

Back
Top Bottom