Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all as Spurs fans want him to succeed, that should be a given. Players can have difficult first seasons and then prosper, Son an obvious case in point. There’s serious red lights flashing here though. Weight problems, lack of application, effort and stomach for the fight, miles off even basic baseline levels of fitness and a general air of I wish I wasn’t here are strongly suggestive of a bad egg.

He’s our club record signing at £60 million odd and getting paid 200k a week, the joint highest paid player at the club, the same as Harry Kane. It’s not an unreasonable expectation with that kind of outlay and investment that we should be getting a player who’s hitting the ground running. Some of the narrative and explanations pedaled out for him here are akin to a 5 year plan for a promising 16/17 year old academy player.

We’re not going to be offloading him this summer with the economic shit storm this virus is going to leave, so we just have to hope that he’ll buck up.

Has anyone seen Ndombele taking part in Mourinho's online training sessions?

I saw one clip where Mourinho was on an exercise bike. I looked very, very closely to see if I could spot Ndombele but I couldn't see him but then again, the clip didn't show every player on Mourinho's screen.

Now a whole bunch of retards genuinely believe Tanguy has suddenly adopted a new mentality. Something like: "Oh nice I've got my contract. I'm going to relax now. No need to develop any further. I hit and past my peak at Lyon last year aged 22. And oh yeah I realised that it turns out that I actually don't really like running lol!"
You made some good points and then undermined them by calling people retards and making strawman arguments like this one. Are you suggesting that the mentality of players doesn't change as they reach new levels? That it's unheard of for players to become complacent after reaching their goal(s)? That a player could become lazy is so far outside the realm of possibility that you literally have to be developmentally disabled to believe it could happen? Even though it happens all the time, and football fans regularly complain about modern players "making it" too young and becoming less hungry as a result?

Despite having adequately made the counterargument, there really isn't any empirical evidence to encourage anyone to believe your argument over the one where Ndombele just turns out to be lazy or ill-suited to professional sport. And in the absence of evidence, the sensible thing to do is to wait and see what happens (especially when one can reasonably expect Ndombele to be at his fittest shortly after the current enforced break ends).

Of course, it's good to have opinions - otherwise we'd have very little to talk about, since we rarely find out what actually happens behind the scenes - but it's not good to be so sure of your own unverifiable opinion that you're prepared to call everyone who disagrees a retard.

I dont think it is. I think its an fundamental attitude (to an energetic playing style) and desire problem. (and I say this carefully given the 'lazy' tropes that can be aimed at black plack players.)
That's the problem of the reader if they want to interpret it that way. "Lazy" is an everyday adjective and the crown either fits or it doesn't, regardless of whose head is involved.

Most people who find themselves reading deeply and desperately into entirely typical use of language are just actively looking for grievances IMO. If we facilitate that behaviour to its logical conclusion, we end up with an extremely limited vocabulary that, ironically enough, is racially segregated. Using our hypothetical example: white players become "lazy" and black players doing exactly the same thing become "potential candidates for specific activity-related remediation of perceived application aptitude" (because euphemisms also become ever more artistic, abstract and indirect).

Was he really our worst player in the half a season we played? You can't write of a player after half a season when most of the players were terrible

Lazy doesn't have colour.

Berbatov was lazy, Palacios worked his heart out, Sissoko puts a credible shift in regularly...when the effort is clearly there or at least for the majority of their time on the pitch (dependent on their talent level and how much they can effect games with that effort) I have no problem with any player.

However, in the position he plays in, in today's Premier League, you simply can not get away with not putting the effort in. When you throw in things like pointing at other players to almost try to dictate play while not moving yourself and playing in a way that I personally feel is more about Ndombele making himself look good, than the team's dynamic in midfield, then it's not good.

I can see the ridiculous potential in his talent, but it would seem that some of the question marks about him as a younger man may ring true. Really want him to prove me wrong, but just don't see that kind of fight in him. No bottle (IMO).

If rumours are true of Barca offering Coutinho in a swap deal, then I would 100% snap their hands off. Thought we were getting a gem of a signing, but instead we have spent 65 mil on Jabba the hut. A complete dud of a signing, get rid ASAP.

Wearing a hat indoors.
And it's on the wrong way around.
He either does not prepare food in that kitchen or his cleaner is the best in the west.

That's a drippy Gucci tracksuit. Nice.

Now get fit.

My immediate thought was "my god that tracksuit looks like some knock-off kids shit you see down the market..... Bet it cost him a mint tho' ."

Fashion is such bollocks.

Last edited:
v3WnTdN.png

Back
Top Bottom