Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember Gerrard having plenty of injury problems before getting his teeth fixed, persistsant back problems as the health of your teeth can affect your spine.

So this was interesting.

Also remember this

It's al the crack obviously.

"The problem only developed when Milan tried to agree a different deal with Porto.

"Milan said there was some kind of problem with my body, which was linked to my teeth!

"But it was just an excuse because I completed my medical in two hours, with no problems."

L’Equipe always defend French players, especially if they play for the national team. That article claims he was “one of the least mediocre players against Burnley” which is just bollocks. He did nothing. He didn‘t even show 10% of what you expect from a player who cost £65m.

Then it goes on to say that he isn’t happy with the “very defensive role” he’s being asked to play. Which is more bollocks, all he’s being asked to do is help the team defend. Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Modric, Dembele, Silva, De Bruyne, much better players than Tanguy helped their team defend because its a minimum requirement at this level. Only Messi can get away with walking around when his team doesn’t have the ball.

No doubt Mourinho breaking the lockdown to take him for a jog was insanely stupid but Ndombele has to look at himself first. If he really thinks he can’t give any more than he’s given this season, he will go down as one of the biggest flops in the history of English football.

Last edited:
L’Equipe always defend French players, especially if they play for the national team. That article claims he was “one of the least mediocre players against Burnley” which is just bollocks. He did nothing. He didn‘t even show 10% of what you expect from a player who cost £65m.

Then it goes on to say that he isn’t happy with the “very defensive role” he’s being asked to play. Which is more bollocks, all he’s being asked to do is help the team defend. Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Modric, Dembele, Silva, De Bruyne, much better players than Tanguy helped their team defend because its a minimum requirement at this level. Only Messi can get away with walking around when his team doesn’t have the ball.

No doubt Mourinho breaking the lockdown to take him for a jog was insanely stupid but Ndombele has to look at himself first. If he really thinks he can’t give any more than he’s given this season, he will go down as one of the biggest flops in the history of English football.

If you can be arsed to translate some of the comments on that L'Equipe article, a lot of French football fans are also questioning his attitude/character.

If you can be arsed to translate some of the comments on that L'Equipe article, a lot of French football fans are also questioning his attitude/character.
Which if I understand things is not something new relating to Tanguy. There's a reason he dropped into the second tier before getting into Ligue 1. It's always been a matter of him having all the talent but not the drive to make it a career it seems.

I guess Poch thought that he could work on it but I really don't see Mourinho having that much patience. But at least he seems to be trying.

...Or maybe it's utter bollocks and no football medicals entail dental checks anyway.

Anyone EVER seen their GP or a Physio about their teeth?

No; you go to a fucking DENTIST.

There was a team in Italy that were massive on dental issues, turned out they can cause all sorts of knock on shit in your body, I remember Davids (or maybe it was Seedorf) talking about when he moved to Italy it was one of the first things they checked and it sorted out a long standing injury problem.

edit - found it

No player that won't help out defensively has a chance with Mourinho.

There was a team in Italy that were massive on dental issues, turned out they can cause all sorts of knock on shit in your body, I remember Davids (or maybe it was Seedorf) talking about when he moved to Italy it was one of the first things they checked and it sorted out a long standing injury problem.

edit - found it

I’m sure Tigana had a dentist on staff at Fulham for these reasons. I’ve also read a few times that bad teeth can cause calf muscle problems.

Ndombele was involved in a surprise Jose Mourinho training session on on Hadley Common in Barnet on Tuesday.
The Portuguese reportedly rang his doorbell, and said into the intercom: “Come down, we are going for a run.”

Ndombele was involved in a surprise Jose Mourinho training session on on Hadley Common in Barnet on Tuesday.
The Portuguese reportedly rang his doorbell, and said into the intercom: “Come down, we are going for a run.”
How pissed would Tanguy have been to hear his intercom buzzing and find Mourinho there and not his Deliveroo?

They don't have a chance with any manager. To win games at this level every player needs to work harder than the opponent, no team can carry a player who wants to stroll around.
I guess it has gone that way, so no takers for Coutinho for example. It is a bit of a shame, luxury players have contributed a lot over the years. Nobody would be signing Stan Bowles or Rodney Marsh today.

I guess it has gone that way, so no takers for Coutinho for example. It is a bit of a shame, luxury players have contributed a lot over the years. Nobody would be signing Stan Bowles or Rodney Marsh today.
There's a room for luxury players if you can find a way to motivate them enough and get them on side. Or you find a system that you can build around them. Coutinho is a luxury player but I have always felt that he at least tries. And at Liverpool his output far outweighed him not being as good in defence as the others.

Tanguy needs to realize that if he wants to be a pro player long term with a good career he better commit to it. We can all see the talent that he has, but that talent has to be combined with effort and work rate. Ronaldo and Messi did not get where they are by coasting.

With no income and without the players taking a wage deferral there’s not going to be much cash available for transfers. He’s probably quite a saleable asset. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us cash in if we need funds to strengthen the squad in other places.

I still have hopes for this guy. There has to be something to him if Barcelona are interested in him even tho he seems to be out of shape and under performing. Its rare for clubs like Barca to be interested in players that are not in their peak performance wise.
It would be a shame to give up on someone that clearly has potential and a high ceiling in terms of skills.

With no income and without the players taking a wage deferral there’s not going to be much cash available for transfers. He’s probably quite a saleable asset. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us cash in if we need funds to strengthen the squad in other places.
There is absolutely 0 chance we're selling him this summer

Back
Top Bottom