Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C19 or not, if they can find north of 100m for Dembele & Coutinho then there's no way we should bottle it and accept roughly what we paid (be it cash or especially their cast-offs)....

Either they make it an offer we can't refuse (see above) or we should back him to come good here.

C19 or not, if they can find north of 100m for Dembele & Coutinho then there's no way we should bottle it and accept roughly what we paid (be it cash or especially their cast-offs)....

Either they make it an offer we can't refuse (see above) or we should back him to come good here.
He's 23 ffs - and being written off similar to how Modric was at the time because he played under Ramos in those 8 games of utter shit football. Even by January many thought he was a light-weight wanker. Plus Ndombele's had a niggling injury which didn't help

Sissoko was utter dog-shit for a season (and much older) - still got a pass from many

Selling him now would be madness

I am certainly not writing him off as a player, but if he wanted to leave and we could get Umtiti and Semedo in a swap deal (rumoured) then I would happily accept that.

I am certainly not writing him off as a player, but if he wanted to leave and we could get Umtiti and Semedo in a swap deal (rumoured) then I would happily accept that.

Unles Semedo is somehow our dream RB, why would we want to swap a player we spent 60m on for him & a broken CB?

Just to be clear, Umtiti hasn't started more than 3 games in a row since August 2018.

He's missed 38 games through injury since that time (equates to a full season) and has started just 26 games out of a possible 107 games due to fitness problems..

This deal certainly isn't it.

I still have hopes for this guy. There has to be something to him if Barcelona are interested in him even tho he seems to be out of shape and under performing. Its rare for clubs like Barca to be interested in players that are not in their peak performance wise.
It would be a shame to give up on someone that clearly has potential and a high ceiling in terms of skills.

Barca bought Kevin Prince Boateng and Paulinho. They buy bad players all the time.

I still have hopes for this guy. There has to be something to him if Barcelona are interested in him even tho he seems to be out of shape and under performing. Its rare for clubs like Barca to be interested in players that are not in their peak performance wise.
It would be a shame to give up on someone that clearly has potential and a high ceiling in terms of skills.
A passed it Kevin Prince Boateng and a never had it Martin Braithwaite say hi...

He's 23 ffs - and being written off similar to how Modric was at the time because he played under Ramos in those 8 games of utter shit football. Even by January many thought he was a light-weight wanker. Plus Ndombele's had a niggling injury which didn't help

Sissoko was utter dog-shit for a season (and much older) - still got a pass from many

Selling him now would be madness

Not at all. He’s being written off because he can’t play more than 30 minutes of football despite having virtually a whole season to show he can perform for longer than that. 2 managers have had a problem with it. Modric was obviously class before he joined and wasn’t bad at all when he joined. Some may of had doubts over his best position but he always had it and showed more in his first few games than Ndombele has.

Not at all. He’s being written off because he can’t play more than 30 minutes of football despite having virtually a whole season to show he can perform for longer than that. 2 managers have had a problem with it. Modric was obviously class before he joined and wasn’t bad at all when he joined. Some may of had doubts over his best position but he always had it and showed more in his first few games than Ndombele has.
Ndombele was class in his first few games - much more than Modric was

I was unaware Umtiti was so injury prone (I knew he had a few injuries), I thought him and Semedo would improve our defence enough to justify a swap if Ndombele wasn't part of Jose's future plans. I want Ndombele to succeed as he has so much talent, but IF he wants to leave then I wouldn't keep him, he doesn't appear to be someone to knuckle down if he's unhappy. He might come back looking like the player we know he can be, or he might continue to be disappointing. With no football matches being played it's hard to tell.

Yeh, cos PRIME Braithwaite. :pochshock:
Again another player that cant be considered a prospect. Its ok., step by step.
No, I'm refuting the notion that Barca only sign top drawer players at their peak, no comment on Ndombele.
Did I say they ONLY sign top drawer? I said i find it interesting that out of all the players out there they target one that is seriously under performing and was just signed on a long contract. Theres something they see in him that probably our scouts saw as well.

Potential and skill he has but workrate he does not have.Very few footballers who do not work hard fulfil their potential

Back
Top Bottom