Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Check his Instagram, he just posted a 1 min video of him doing bits from this season in a Spurs shirt.

A highlight reel yes, but its easy to forget how good he is and beats a man like Dembele used to.
The caption translates to 'Nothing to report'.

Seems he is clearly staying, I would say that's a very positive thing he has said...

He doesn't want to be here because our manager publicly mocks him, and almost our entire supporting base makes unfounded abuse towards him and his fitness (see, actually injuries). I'd want to fucking leave too.

Too bad. I was hoping we wouldn't have a debruyne or Salah, but clearly we will. This club is really really poorly managed the last few years. I know this because I support a basketball team that went from being a perennial laughing stock to a perennial playoff powerhouse/conference leader to eventual champion. What changed was management. It really is that simple.
Was really hoping Mourinho had learned from past experiences of publicly mocking his players but once a cunt always a cunt it seems

Was really hoping Mourinho had learned from past experiences of publicly mocking his players but once a cunt always a cunt it seems
For the sake of fairness:

Nothing Mourinho has said about Ndombele in public since his arrival has been mocking him. He has in fact highlighted that Tanguy sits on immense potential, but has suffered from injuries and fitness issues.

The one game where I can find that Mourinho said something that can be classed as mocking was the away draw at Burnley, and to be honest he was right to say it because Tanguy was pants that game.

Other then that we should also add Poch to the list of Ndombele mockers because he said the exact same things about him.

The stuff about him wanting to leave is bullshit in my opinion. Not only is he posting his own highlight reel to insta, but he also responded to rumours about him to Barcelona a few weeks ago by saying “keep lying” to the media.

yes he may feel shitty after a failure of a first season, but the club and he himself will give it another try. This reminds me of the son Situation, he will come out the other side of this and Levy will not get the kind of offer he wants for Tanguy so won’t sell.

The stuff about him wanting to leave is bullshit in my opinion. Not only is he posting his own highlight reel to insta, but he also responded to rumours about him to Barcelona a few weeks ago by saying “keep lying” to the media.

yes he may feel shitty after a failure of a first season, but the club and he himself will give it another try. This reminds me of the son Situation, he will come out the other side of this and Levy will not get the kind of offer he wants for Tanguy so won’t sell.

I 100% agree. If we remember back to Son's first season he had a severe case of plantar fasciitis as revealed by Korean media, but we never commented on it as a club and explained his injury, he was just left to get on with it. The situation with Ndombele feels eerily similar. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is an underlying injury there somewhere. Maybe this prolonged rest will do him good. I wouldn't be surprised if he's seen as being one of the players going into using the training ground facilities either. If he does, as I expect, then that really will be a clue as to his determination levels.

I also agree that he wont be sold in the next transfer window because we wont be able to recoup our money now. The only way I see him going is if we need to raise funds.

Beautiful

I think you'll find we can.
You know what I'm saying, BC.

Yes, we need a trixy/vision player; also, any player who wants to go can gtfo; also, for me, Tungay still hasn't properly arrived here (though has had flashes/periods of ridiculous talent and potential be a huge player for us).

If he wants to go? Aight.

Let Mourinho bring in his replacement.

Not begging any player to stay here who doesn't wanna be.

Ditched that nonsense years ago.

Fucking Lyall again, he’s such a twat.
I feel like the only reports that have been true about Ndombele the last 8 months are that Spurs bought him and he's struggled with fitness/injuries and its been frustrating for everyone. Everything else beyond that has been noise and fodder.

Well I didn’t realise this but he reacted again to the reports this week. An hour after all the L’equipe stuff broke which fuled what Lyall is now saying, he posted to his Instagram “nothing to report” in french.

Which I take as a jab at the media having “nothing to report” but guess it’s open to interpretation. . .

:sonhmm:

Well I didn’t realise this but he reacted again to the reports this week. An hour after all the L’equipe stuff broke which fuled what Lyall is now saying, he posted to his Instagram “nothing to report” in french.

Which I take as a jab at the media having “nothing to report” but guess it’s open to interpretation. . .

:sonhmm:
That highlight video he posted was something - he's very clever on the ball. The man has the time to get healthy and fit - let's hope he uses it wisely.

It's easy enough to see why an agent would be a scummy arse and unsettle Ndombele - if they're concerned that his move to the PL just won't work out long term (so thinking about his value) and/or want to move him on ASAP to collect another 10% of a transfer fee.

For what it's worth, we've seen so many examples of players come in from foreign leagues and take a year to settle. Unless he is being a nightmare behind the scenes we have to give him at least another season.
Lo Celso, ironically, doesn't help because he makes Ndombele look worse by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom