Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope he’s just an overpriced, overrated waste of a footballer
up all night colors GIF by Beck
air help GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Nope he’s just an overpriced, overrated waste of a footballer
I honestly think he is going to be our player of the season. He’s already been excellent but I think he is going to continue being an absolute monster. This was a masterclass signing by Levy.

Sissoko and Ndombele is the middle of the park is going to be beast mode.
:dierno: :harrylol:

A look at the club from the outside?

He signed for Spurs on the back of the club reaching - but losing - the Champions League final under then manager Pochettino (the man reportedly responsible for the club signing Tanguy)

After 10(?) games into the new season, Tottenham sacked 'Poch'

At that time, the honeymoon felt over. The wind had been taken out of the club, the players, the manager, the fans, after the disappointment in Madrid

Mourinho was appointed, playing Europa League football

Enter the era of the club when fans in their droves were switching off, rather than watching the team. Cast your mind back to that era for a moment

Mourinho was then sacked and former youth team player Mason was brought in to manage the remainder of the season

Mason departed and former Wolves manager Nuno took the helm, playing Europa Conference League football

By this point, the 'boiling piss levels' throughout the fan base were through the roof, often spilling out during games inside the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and onto the pitch

Spurs sack Nuno and appoint Conte

The Italian coach sends NDombele back to Lyon during the January transfer window

Tottenham start pre-season training, heading into the 22/23 season playing Champions League football once more

Tanguy returns from Lyon and begins pre-season training

Now, look at this list and tell me which players at 19/20 who was better than Dele?

At 20 years old, Bale was a bit part player for Spurs who netted 3 goals in a season.

Dele netted more goals that Rooney @ 19 / 20 years old

Rooney for one was waaaaay better than Dele at any age. Goals are great but not the entire picture at all.

Rooney at 17/18 could carry a team on his back and was one of the most exciting, explosive players in the league.

Dele was a second striker who had moments & a knack for popping up in good positions. Never did he look as talented as someone like Rooney at all.

Rooney at 19 was going to Euro 2004 & was already England’s main man and making teams look silly. He looked like he’d become the best player on the planet.

He boils my piss but, if he stays, hopefully he can find some sort of role in the team.

With the move to five subs perhaps he can play twenty five minutes. We can never rely on him for more than a half; he just runs out of gas.
I've still got a feeling he's gonna stay.... at least til Jan! Then we'll see...

A look at the club from the outside?

He signed for Spurs on the back of the club reaching - but losing - the Champions League final under then manager Pochettino (the man reportedly responsible for the club signing Tanguy)

After 10(?) games into the new season, Tottenham sacked 'Poch'

At that time, the honeymoon felt over. The wind had been taken out of the club, the players, the manager, the fans, after the disappointment in Madrid

Mourinho was appointed, playing Europa League football

Enter the era of the club when fans in their droves were switching off, rather than watching the team. Cast your mind back to that era for a moment

Mourinho was then sacked and former youth team player Mason was brought in to manage the remainder of the season

Mason departed and former Wolves manager Nuno took the helm, playing Europa Conference League football

By this point, the 'boiling piss levels' throughout the fan base were through the roof, often spilling out during games inside the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and onto the pitch

Spurs sack Nuno and appoint Conte

The Italian coach sends NDombele back to Lyon during the January transfer window

Tottenham start pre-season training, heading into the 22/23 season playing Champions League football once more

Tanguy returns from Lyon and begins pre-season training
When put like that, it all makes perfect sense.

We may see the makings of Ndombele 2.0

We spent £60m on a player who couldn’t make a dent against Mura and Morecambe. Tom Huddlestone miles better than this fraud.

I've still got a feeling he's gonna stay.... at least til Jan! Then we'll see...

If he stays it will be because nobody came for him, like last summer. There isn’t room on our squad list for him. He won’t make the cut. We already have too many foreign players. No chance Conte includes him.

Hopefully we can dump this dude on loan on like 50% wages each year til his contracts done or he accepts a similarly favorable buyout. We already ate the fee, hopefully we can at least move on some of the wages. Almost seems like its headed for mutual termination/buyout though...

No-one called him a gorilla, you lying POS.
I remember when I was at highschool in the USA and a guest lecturer at assembly told us why watermelons were racist. I nearly pissed myself laughing. If a yank accuses you of racism over fried chicken, just ignore them. they lost all sense of proportion 20 years ago

No-one called him a gorilla, you lying POS.
It's remarkable how completely unfazed you are at continually being wrong, or misunderstanding. You have no shame. It's breathtaking.

You are the living, breathing epitome of the inherent truth in the expression, "quality over quantity."

Unplug, and introspect.

🧘‍♀️

Well, you called me blinkered and proceeded to preach about how not everyone is as X Y & Z as you are.....

Feel free to clear it up or not, but you waded in to tell me where I was going wrong.
I like you as a poster, but you could use losing this too-smart-for-you, smug attitude.

And no, I didn't call you, specifically, blinkered. It was a general statement. Nor did I preach. I just stated my approach to how I think about people. But sure, you can parse my words any way you want to support your conclusion about what I said, in spite of the fact that I already explained what I meant. Someone as smart as you shouldn't need to resort to that, though. It loses you arguments that you would otherwise win.

It's remarkable how completely unfazed you are at continually being wrong, or misunderstanding. You have no shame. It's breathtaking.

You are the living, breathing epitome of the inherent truth in the expression, "quality over quantity."

Unplug, and introspect.

🧘‍♀️

Someone said about eating a Gorilla burger.

No one called him a gorilla.

You waving race cards about here is a new level of wankery...... Shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom