The best player we've let go who we absolutely didn't need to

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diego-Maradona-of-Tottenh-008.jpg

I was lead to believe by my ITK (rolls eyes) that Carrick actually wanted to stay but we wanted the cash.
If you're right- I'm wrong. And fuck Carrick with a cricket bat.

Etherington. Needed a left winger for years. Sold a pretty decent one.
Jamie Redknapp - pre Liverpool when we had him as a kid and let him go. Beckham too apparently
Taraabt. C'mon you know he'll be sick one day
Anthony Gardner.

Actually no he was dogshit

PA-483858.jpg

Souness in the pre-dodgy tash years. Played for the Youth team back in the early 70s but got homesick and fucked off to Middlesbrough. With Hoddle coming through the ranks a few years later, a central midfield of those two would have been amazing.

This 1000000X

My dad will never shut up about this, and its pretty much been carved into my memory.

Heard it wasn't even homesick, more the fact that he made one appearance as a substitute, within the space of 4 years at the club. Supposedly he came through around the same time as perryman and for some reason we decided to only bring in perryman rather than both. Theres no doubt we wouldn't have gotten relegated and when you think that we would have been stronger through the 80s and liverpool would have been weaker, I'd happily bet my left testicle on us being just as successful as we were in the 60s.

Not saying anyone who disagrees is wrong, but I think you'd be hard pushed to come up with a better example, I'd argue it was Bill Nich's biggest cock up at the club too.

However, In recent years, I was always baffled by the fact we released malbranque and tainio. Kanoute is a very good shout too.

Chris waddle. Forced out of the club to marseille and had no idea until the deal was done apparently

Scary to also think how easily bale could have been let go a few years ago

I really thought Gio deserved a bit of a run in the side...thought he had the potential to be at least a decent attacking option, but I suppose that ship has sailed...

Back
Top Bottom