The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It makes it difficult when you directly reply to me.

I never begged you to put me on ignore. Why shouldnt I read and reply to your posts?
I have people on ignore that I forgot existed...thinking about it, I thinks its time now.

Difference is, you want and need to read my posts.

WOOOOOOOSH!

Oh look, you no longer exist!

:soldadowatch:

I never begged you to put me on ignore. Why shouldnt I read and reply to your posts?
I have people on ignore that I forgot existed...thinking about it, I thinks its time now.

Difference is, you want and need to read my posts.
And I dont yourยดs.

WOOOOOOOSH!

Oh look, you no longer exist!

:soldadowatch:
Celebration-Time-Cmon__600_450_q50.jpg

I know the mug will read this, but I'll take him at his word and talk about him in third person.
I actually put this prick on ignore, but then the forum is just full off people arguing with someone you can't see. But it is clear who it is by how fucking pissed off and frustrated they are with the unseen Gooner troll.

It was the boo boy/negative atmosphere that was the inspiration for 1882. Shame the initial momentum wasn't maintained but Europa games are still good.

I wonder why it never really got a foothold in the league?

And I wonder if all the people complaining about the negative atmosphere (that go to games), have actually made an effort to bump up the 1882 numbers and noise?

Start eating blueberries my good man. Not only are they blue but they do wonders for the memory. That said. I can fully understand you blotting this one out. But it happened. Believe me it happened.

You sure :gallashmm:.. Would happily stand corrected but I don't recall them beating us 1-5..

As Mick said, it is the fault of instant gratification society which seems to affect football fans in general. Also, 24 hour coverage of football hasn't helped, we would go to the game on a Sat & apart from MotD or the Big Match wouldn't really think about it until the following week apart from what station are we departing from to see the away game. You never knew we had bought a new player until you picked up the Evening Standard.
Those were the days.
My first season down the lane was the year we got relegated.
If I applied the instant gratification then, I would have never gone back.
Sad but true

Fed up of this modern fan bollocks

The reality is the most vitriolic fans I see are regulars that have been going years.

The main issue is we need new blood that go for a piss up and a good time. Rather than the season ticket holders who just sit there in the same seat with a coffee slagging everyone off

It's become a routine for them rather than an exciting experience. Ticket prices are the real issue
Excuse me!!!!
I have been going for 40 years and I am nearly always drunk! And I always enjoy myself ;)

You sure :gallashmm:.. Would happily stand corrected but I don't recall them beating us 1-5..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/21/tottenham-hotspur-Woolwich-carling-cup

I guess it just seemed worse. Maybe I need to up my blueberry content too. But trust me. I was there. Robbie Keane and all. I was there to the end. Even fell out with someone who left early.

For the record I was so cunted on E when we done the shits 5-1 I hardly remember that too.

Edit. Do me a lemon mate and don't use that twats smilie.

5th and 6th mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. And those stats don't show the style of play either.

Remember the days when we used to play 2 up front at home?

Ahhh. Memories.
lucky those stats dont show the style of play.
George Graham and Gerry Francis. fuck, it was dull.

and anyone that thinks we didnt boo in the 90s needs reminding..we fucking destroyed Ramon Vega. He may have been shite, but we made fucking sure he knew we thought he was really shit. By the time we finished with him, his Mrs used to boo him when they shagged.

On that note I recall when we went to An field in 1978. Got batterd 7-0.
By the time it got to around 3-0 they were really trying to rub it in and wind us up but we started pretending it was Spurs that were scoring and celebrated each goal as such thereafter which really pissed them off. Quality support that day.

Oh, and they got smashed afterwards but that's another story!
The governor of my local in Hoddesdon years ago(a red scouser) reckons that was one of the best atmospheres he ever saw at Anfield.He also had Barry Daines as man of the match(and he was being serious)

"Instant" gratification?

Weยดve been falling behind since 1990.

3yrs of relative success under Harry, and then back to square one.

Thats 3 trophies in 25yrs. Nothing instant or gratifying about it.

lucky those stats dont show the style of play.
George Graham and Gerry Francis. fuck, it was dull.

and anyone that thinks we didnt boo in the 90s needs reminding..we fucking destroyed Ramon Vega. He may have been shite, but we made fucking sure he knew we thought he was really shit. By the time we finished with him, his Mrs used to boo him when they shagged.
The mid 90s was dull full stop,after Klinnsman first stint anyway.

Excuse me!!!!
I have been going for 40 years and I am nearly always drunk! And I always enjoy myself ;)

I was generalising a bit (probably because I'm stuck in the east stand most of the time)

But I think blaming the new generation is just as bad. I honestly don't think we have had a huge influx of new fans with a shit attitude. Don't see a huge amount of young fans

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/21/tottenham-hotspur-Woolwich-carling-cup

I guess it just seemed worse. Maybe I need to up my blueberry content too. But trust me. I was there. Robbie Keane and all. I was there to the end. Even fell out with someone who left early.

For the record I was so cunted on E when we done the shits 5-1 I hardly remember that too.

Edit. Do me a lemon mate and don't use that twats smilie.

Haha... I was at both games as well.. The 5-1 thumping was one of the best atmospheres ever at WHL.. I remember getting whooped but was pretty certain it wasn't as big a whooping as we gave them..

The mid 90s was dull full stop,after Klinnsman first stint anyway.
imagine if we the internet then. when Jose Dominguez was our star man and every year having anderton back would be as good as a new signing

Still, I will always remember Sheringhams return with manu. Probably the most atmospheric WHL was in the mid 90s. Really, really fucking poisonous that day. but it was fucking electric too

The governor of my local in Hoddesdon years ago(a red scouser) reckons that was one of the best atmospheres he ever saw at Anfield.He also had Barry Daines as man of the match(and he was being serious)

Wouldn't be the Rye House would it, near the Kart track?? I seem to remember the landlord being a Scouser back in the 90's..???

I was generalising a bit (probably because I'm stuck in the east stand most of the time)

But I think blaming the new generation is just as bad. I honestly don't think we have had a huge influx of new fans with a shit attitude. Don't see a huge amount of young fans
I was joking mate.
I hate the miserable fans as well.
I remember my late Dad (who never drank before a game) always treated is the day out it should be.
Can't get my head round people who treat it as anything other than that to be honest

Haha... I was at both games as well.. The 5-1 thumping was one of the best atmospheres ever at WHL.. I remember getting whooped but was pretty certain it wasn't as big a whooping as we gave them..
I recorded the after game celebration that day. then sent it to (via bluetooth) to anyone that would accept it. on a train carriage full of gooners. enough of them did to make it funny

imagine if we the internet then. when Jose Dominguez was our star man and every year having anderton back would be as good as a new signing

Still, I will always remember Sheringhams return with manu. Probably the most atmospheric WHL was in the mid 90s. Really, really fucking poisonous that day. but it was fucking electric too
It started the night before(in Wood Green anyway) I was wearing a spurs polo and people were stopping me in the street and saying how they are "going to give that c*8t loads tomorrow"
As you say, poisonous but atmospheric.

Back
Top Bottom