The Don Levy Appreciation Thread!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How has this fucking thread gotten as far as 18 pages???

chris jericho what GIF by CBC
I'm sure it was in the 20's a while back. It seems whenever it's bumped a whole load of previous stuff gets deleted for some reason

Many people who dared to question last summers window were met with similar disdain, despite the fact that it was almost identical to that Mourinho window, in that when you really look at it all we really signed was a load of cheap rubbish that didn’t address any of the real issues in the squad.

So many people on here were giving last summers window a 9(!) out of 10.
I don’t know if it boils down to ignorance or just being stupid, but it’s mind blowing none the less.

I don't think the players we signed last summer were bad or as underwhelming as the summer before.
But we simply haven't used them. Richarlison, Bissouma and Spence could all make our 11 better. I'd like to see Bissouma start games with Bentancur. They could be our CM for years. But he sits on the bench and PEH has OK games because Bentancur is making him look good.
Son is done. At least Richarlison would be a nuisance and offer something different. He and Bissouma need a run of games to get their form up.
At this stage, why the hell not try Spence? Royal and Doherty just aren't good enough, we know they're not. So let's try something we don't know and see what happens?
I stick up for Conte, but he needs to make some bold decisions soon.

I don't think the players we signed last summer were bad or as underwhelming as the summer before.
But we simply haven't used them. Richarlison, Bissouma and Spence could all make our 11 better. I'd like to see Bissouma start games with Bentancur. They could be our CM for years. But he sits on the bench and PEH has OK games because Bentancur is making him look good.
Son is done. At least Richarlison would be a nuisance and offer something different. He and Bissouma need a run of games to get their form up.
At this stage, why the hell not try Spence? Royal and Doherty just aren't good enough, we know they're not. So let's try something we don't know and see what happens?
I stick up for Conte, but he needs to make some bold decisions soon.
Son is not done it is just he is a player who relies on reserving his sprints and stuff for his attacking play but Conte’s tactics this season means he has to constantly drop back to defend and he is knackered when it comes to attacking.

Son is not done it is just he is a player who relies on reserving his sprints and stuff for his attacking play but Conte’s tactics this season means he has to constantly drop back to defend and he is knackered when it comes to attacking.
Son is done. Just accept it. He barely showed up to the WC either.
He had no problem whatsoever with Conte in charge last season.
He had no problem with defence based Mourinho before that.

It's the passage of time and you can't coach that out of him. Or Lloris for that.

Son is done. Just accept it. He barely showed up to the WC either.
He had no problem whatsoever with Conte in charge last season.
He had no problem with defence based Mourinho before that.

It's the passage of time and you can't coach that out of him. Or Lloris for that.
We played very differently last season. Conte has tried to change his tactics further over the summer and it has not worked.

We played very differently last season. Conte has tried to change his tactics further over the summer and it has not worked.
How so?
We still use the same 343. Son has always operated off the left cutting in. The only difference is he's had Perisic behind him more than last season when it was mostly Sess or Reguilon.

I don't buy the argument it's Perisic's fault either. Son has just lost all the attributes that made him good. His touch, pass, shot and decision making have all gone.

Levy does not even have an MBE.

Can’t find the necessary number of people to back his nomination I would guess.

Poor old Mr Byrite.

Don't get this. What meaningful defence has Son contributed to this season (blocks/tackles)? We already have a back 5 for this and they are shit

Back
Top Bottom