The Football Connoisseurs Vs Bournemouth Sat 15th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched Brighton hassle the life out of Chelsea. They were so hungry for the ball, worked really hard to inhibit Chelsea, winning the ball back regularly and made Chelsea look ordinary. But they also demonstrated fantastic levels of skill when in possession. These players arent prima donnas there’s a humility in their body language which says they realise how privileged they are to make a living doing what they love. Does anyone see that at Spurs?
Fulham were in terrible form and had no striker coming in to the game today and pinged it around like Brazil. Like we couldn’t do against Everton.

Just a theory but why is it that we seem to hand points to any team involved in the relegation battle lately ?
Is it because :
a). It’s a cunning plan to help all the struggling teams in order to send the Spammers down , or is it :
b) We are just not very good
I think we all know the answer !

Just watched the highlights on MOTD. Both me and my dad agreed that it was actually Porro who was more to blame than Sanchez for both of the Bournemouth goals.

I really didn’t like the booing towards Sanchez, which started before he had even come on! It wasn’t the correct decision from Stellini to bring him on anyway, he didn’t seem to know how to manage the game effectively, and it just proves how much of a terrible decision it was to put him in charge.

Speaking of Stellini, I didn’t like this

Not anymore he isn't. Try getting a 20+ in the league goalscorer (or multiple good players to balance out the team) for 70/80m in 2023.

We spent 60 on a bloke who can't get one. Kane cash in time was when City came calling but Daniel was scared of a rebuild and his ego couldn't take even going to the negotiating table. We did our big club impression and he got to stick his chest out & now we're here and will lose him for next to nothing & have nothing to rebuild with.
Fair point on Kane but I still think there‘s a few bob to be had this summer. if not we make him staythen next summer when nobody wants him we have to give him a fat contract to see out his golden years.

When gary o'Neill said after match they dominated us I thought that was an insult. No disrespect but cant have teams like Bournemouth saying that. Games like this we should be out of their sight after 20 minutes. Embarrassing.

Maybe not but I for one welcome the fans becoming ruthless with these players and making it clear we won't accept them being around anymore. Nothing against Davinson and felt bad for him as well on an individual level but this is the fault of the board at the club for keeping him here for so long despite it being very, very obvious for ages that he isn't close to good enough.

This is the only way. Like with Ndombele, once the fans turn against them then they usually get forced out of the club as there is no choice. Call it cruel, call it toxic, call it whatever you like. The club is reaping what it has sowed, they've made the fans so fucking sick & tired of watching the same incompetent footballers every year that the fans have turned on them.

Fans need to be aiming it more at the board and Levy who have led an absolute shitshow. When Kane goes the shit is going to really hit the fan.

I feel sorry for Sanchez he gives his best, he just isn’t of the level but he is only playing as we have no one else.

The problem here wasn't the second half. We've actually gone at it pretty well second half, 70% possession, 14 shots to 4, 1.28 to 0.27 XG.

The problem was our reaction to going 1-0 up when, as ever, we completely shat the bed and shrank from the game for the next 30 minutes, completely stopped playing and invited them to to play in our half, and again, as ever, did this with such insipid fucking passivity that it was suicidal.

We seem utterly in capable of learning - or to be more accurate the coaches we've had all season seem incapable of correcting this collective utter failure. We should be playing like we are losing when we are just 1 up, until we get to 2 and 3 up, then shell it our maybe. But possession will always be the safest way of protection.

Southampton, Everton(with 10 fucking men) and today Bournemouth. Exactly the same issue every time. Score a goal, stop playing, shit pants, stand off, no aggression, invite pressure we aren't remotely capable of coping with and inevitably concede goals. 7 points s dropped from three games against utter dogshit teams.

The booing of Sanchez was fucking wanky. He's a shit footballer, but he did nothing wrong today. Porro and Romero were far more culpable. Kulusevski once again did absolutely fuck all. Hojbjerg...don't me started on that cunt.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights on MOTD. Both me and my dad agreed that it was actually Porro who was more to blame than Sanchez for both of the Bournemouth goals.

I really didn’t like the booing towards Sanchez, which started before he had even come on! It wasn’t the correct decision from Stellini to bring him on anyway, he didn’t seem to know how to manage the game effectively, and it just proves how much of a terrible decision it was to put him in charge.

Speaking of Stellini, I didn’t like this

For £90 i will boo anyone anywhere anytime. You and your dad need to relax

Back
Top Bottom