The Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs FC City of Abu-Dhabi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not so sure it does, not for me anyhow.

Not for all, but Im sure that there are those who are overly favourable of him because he is American, and those that almost seem to hold it against him.

I couldnt care less where he comes from, as long as he performs. IMO this season he has shown flashes of brilliance and made several key contributions, but on the whole has been very 'meh!'. I dont think he has been great by any stretch and if Im honest Im a little disappointed considering the level he played at last year.

In context of the "up front" debate IMO Ade offers a hell of a lot more to general play than Dempsey and of the two I would pick him. Dempsey doesnt add a great deal when not scoring this season.

I do hope next year, having settled in, we see more of the Dempsey Fulham did.

Trust me, I have no problem calling out Dempsey for shit play

I've seen it plenty this year

I just want what is best for Spurs

I could give a foock where anyone is from.
If you want what's best for spurs then you want Bale out wide(pref right wing) as he's actually influential from there (just look at todays match) and you'll want Ade to start up front and be subbed around 60-70mins for Defoe to come on fresh against tired minds and legs. and then Dempsey/Sig/Lennon on the left cutting in/out creating havoc... You'll also want Dembele, Holtby and TC/TH (personally prefer TC to start and sub in TH after 60ish min) to be the three in the middle...

But from how I've come to know you on here, you'll want two players who aren't strikers at all (dempsey and Bale) to start as strikers and just get marked out the entire game...

If you want what's best for spurs then you want Bale out wide(pref right wing) as he's actually influential from there (just look at todays match) and you'll want Ade to start up front and be subbed around 60-70mins for Defoe to come on fresh against tired minds and legs. and then Dempsey/Sig/Lennon on the left cutting in/out creating havoc... You'll also want Dembele, Holtby and TC/TH (personally prefer TC to start and sub in TH after 60ish min) to be the three in the middle...

But from how I've come to know you on here, you'll want two players who aren't strikers at all (dempsey and Bale) to start as strikers and just get marked out the entire game...

Bale in the 2nd striker role who can float. A perfect spot for me

He needs to be in front of the net to shoot. priority

But I'm just fine w/ him floating in and out

iTOGsxoIVwqFM.gif

So beautifully done by Gareth, catches everyone off guard by playing it first time with his left and puts it in a dangerous place where the defenders don't want to touch it.

All the goals were great, I would especially like to thank Kompany for just looking as the ball goes by as Dempsey banged it in NICE ONE SON!!!

I like to think that if I was a professional footballer, I would be doing similar outside foot flicks all the time but on my right, cause my left is useless!

Bale in the 2nd striker role who can float. A perfect spot for me

He needs to be in front of the net to shoot. priority

But I'm just fine w/ him floating in and out
If you watched today's match (and others) you'd have surely seen that he's not a central player by any stretch of the imagination... he was pretty much useless up until we made the switch to 4-3-3-Inverted Wingers once we did that he created a goal, many chances, was a thorn in the city side and he scored a goal doing what an inverted winger is meant to do, cut inside at times. Before that he was either too deep or marked out of the game

If you watched today's match (and others) you'd have surely seen that he's not a central player by any stretch of the imagination... he was pretty much useless up until we made the switch to 4-3-3-Inverted Wingers once we did that he created a goal, many chances, was a thorn in the city side and he scored a goal doing what an inverted winger is meant to do, cut inside at times. Before that he was either too deep or marked out of the game

Taking the one game where Basle wasn't effective in a centralized role is easy to claim

Of course, I've seen a ton of games where he has very effective in a centralized role. Most of his goals this season has come via the 2nd striker role. Plus , he floats out from time to time .

I'm just fine w/ the formation and dont think we need to adjust to a 4-3-3 for good. But today, AVB got it right for sure. Giddy up

I don't get how when Liverpool equalised against us, they went on to get a penalty and eventually win..yet when they did it today against the Neo-Nazi Blue scum, they conspire to give away a penalty moments later!

Cunts!

Back
Top Bottom